Old 01-16-2020, 08:17 AM   #225
Wayfarer
Guru

City: Beaufort, NC USA
Vessel Name: Sylphide
Vessel Model: Kingston Aluminum Yacht 44' Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_can View Post
Wow, it looks deserted in that marina, where is everyone?

It was like a post zombie apocalypse. I felt like the only person for miles. At one point I went to the marina office to borrow the courtesy rocket, and the one guy working was asleep in his chair. I didn’t have the heart to wake him, so I went back a little later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O C Diver View Post
Dave, what is your holding tank made of? Was it pumped out in Annapolis?

Ted

The tanks are aluminum. They weren’t pumped out before I left Annapolis, but I hadn’t used them much while I was there. It’s hard to tell what’s in there since I don’t have a gauge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Airhead!

No, not you Dave, you're the Real Deal, but if you get tired of tending the toilet and its many failure points, check out an Airhead

Thanks for taking us along on your grand adventure...Dare to Dream!

Nope, you had it right. Only an airhead would embark on such a grand adventure, lol. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgoesit View Post
One advantage of doing work yourself is that when you get into a situation where you can't do the work yourself, due to time constraints, lack of proper tools, etc, you will be better able to tell if the repair people are competent, and whether they are trying to take advantage of you!

By the way, love your short jaunts down the rabbit hole!

Thanks for reading! There really aren’t many disadvantages to doing the work yourself. It saves money, you know it’s done the way you want it, you know the system better... etc. I’d still recommend that route to anyone that asked. The simple fact is... I’m lazy, lol. Most of the time, I have more money than ambition, which only serves to demonstrate how lazy I am, since I sure as hell ain’t rich.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote