Norcold fridge/freezer removal procedure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
"Dragon Lady"
Vessel Make
DeFever 41
I have a fairly recent Norcold frige/freezer similar to the pic below. I think it is a DE-0061, although I can't see any identifying numbers.

Question: How do I remove the front trim so I can unfasten the fridge and extract it. I have downloaded a manual from the manufacturer's website but it's not much help on this particular issue.

Attachments

• Norcold-DE0061.jpg
    Norcold-DE0061.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 132
On my Norcold (400 something series) there are four screws on the trim around the fridge covered with finisher plugs over them. You pry off the plugs, remove the screws and then slide the fridge out. Your model is different so I don't know if it is installed the same way.

Mike, I had the same model. As mentioned, just remove the flange screws and slide it out.

Mine has screws holding it into the cabinet but the black trim on both sides snaps in. The trim on top screws down from the top, only accessible after you remove the screws holding it into the cabinet and slide it out. When I bought her, the fridge was not screwed in. After a rough ride, I found her sitting on the galley floor. She is securely screwed in now.

Job done - thanks for the responses here and from Norcold/Thetford. If anyone ever needs to know how to do this, the followng may help:

The ends of the side trims project into the top and bottom trims. The bottom trim is secured by two spring clips (left pic) - remove this bit first. The top trim cannot be removed until the unit fridge is out of the enclosure, so leave this bit alone. The side trims are held on by the two rows of galvanized tabs (arrows - right pic). To quote Thetford: "The side trim just snaps on. You can grab the outside and rotate it and it will come off that way". Once the side trims have been removed, extract the screws securing the fridge to the cabinetwork and slide it out.

Attachments

• Trim-2.jpg
    Trim-2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Trim-1.jpg
    Trim-1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 175
Well presented! Thanks for the update Mike.

Back
Top Bottom