• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

43' Marine Trader Labelle Trawler Sundeck, in Boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7tiger7

Change of plans in my life, selling my Marine Trader 43' Labelle Sundeck trawler.
Better than average shape, foredeck and side deck were professionally reglassed - teak removed - decks are SOLID, fuel tanks have NO leaks or rust, and LOADED with equipment and gear - can email you an excel spreadsheet with list of items.
Twin Volvo TAMD40b engines in perfect running condition, Raymarine Radar (2) and GPS plotter, 2 Furuno GPS, 2 Raymarine VHF, Tank Tender, 2 Fishfinders, AP21 Autopilot (with remote), Windless (4 control stations), Cruisair, Heat, Onan Genset, 6 new GV-2 batteries, 2 4D batteries, new Group 27 battery, commercial solar panels and control panel, Hearth charger / inverter with digital control panel, water filter, deck flood lights, red night lighting throughout, CQR 45 on 3/4" nylon rode (200'), 45# Bruce on 5/8" chain (200), 3 bilge pumps, 2 sump pumps, raw water pump, 2 saddle fuel tanks, 1 day fuel tank (~ 500 gallons total), 2 water tanks (~250 gal), 2 electric heads, bath tub, hot water heater (110vac / engine cooling heated), new canvas, new plastic windows on bridge and sundeck, RACOR fuel polishing set up, RACOR vacuum guages.
More stuff to list. 10' Walker Bay inflatable.

Am moving to Florida, will consider trades for similar vessels in South East USA or Gulf Coast.

$119,000 or best offer.

Attachments

• MT-at-dock.jpg
    MT-at-dock.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 524
  • 01a-Exterior-GreatSaleCay-Bahamas.jpg
    01a-Exterior-GreatSaleCay-Bahamas.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 587
  • 02-Sundeck1.jpg
    02-Sundeck1.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 441
  • 03-Salon1.jpg
    03-Salon1.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 429
  • 05-Galley.jpg
    05-Galley.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 406
  • 2274012_2.jpg
    2274012_2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 364
  • aft-cabin-3.jpg
    aft-cabin-3.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_4176.jpg
    IMG_4176.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_4180.jpg
    IMG_4180.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 407
By the way - if you guys feel the boat is mispriced, please let me know. I'm open to suggestions on a fair price.
Thanks!

Looks like a nice boat. Why not move it south if you plan to get another down there??

Well, I'm not sure I will get one or not - was thinking to buy a house around Tampa, actually. My plans are sort of in the air. Ideally I'd sell her, and buy a house, and then maybe a smaller 34 or so sedan trawler, or trunk cabin. But if the perfect trade came along, I'd trade her. And part of me thinks I should keep her... but I don't think I'd have the time to sail her down to Tampa this summer.

Keep her!! If you don't have time to move her, pay a captain to move her for you!! What a great boat!

Price seems OK...but the real question is what you will accept. The trade down is a great idea...but the trader is going to want WAAAY too much and expect your price to be 10-15% less than the asking.

Now...when you start knocking off the $10,000 or so every year to store, maintain, ect...your number starts to come down quicker but the smaller guy is probably using and waiting for the deal of a lifetime.

If you want to sell fast...taking a hit is inevitable...moving her is expensive... some long, hard thinks are in order.

I think after all my projects to my boat will keep her price steady for quite a few years..but I paid for a boat I knew might be a throwaway after another 10-15 years of life...even if I slowly restore her. Boats approaching 30 years or older have a very small following...the rock bottom crowd...:eek:

I'm with Bess (because we talked about it)... You just bought her about a year ago, right? So I'm sure you know that your value will take a bit of a hit. Trading down will have you starting all over again with all the projects you've spent the last year working on.

I think a delivery Captain is your best bet. Get her south if that's where you want her. But there ARE a couple of negatives.

If you want to sell once your down in FL, the market there is far more saturated with boats for sale and you will have a harder time selling her should the need arise.
Owning a vacation house on the coast and owning a trawler (larger boat) are counterproductive to each other.

Good luck with your decision. I know how hard it must be.

sell? or trade?

After youve done alot of thinking. We are in a very nice 36'. and its to small for us. We are looking for a bigger boat since we live on her full time.

Hi Guys,
Yes, I would love to keep her. She is LOADED with extras, and I know I will not find another boat like her, most likely. But I just can't justify the cost to move her; and I have hope that I can take the money I will get for her and use it to help buy a house in Florida. Or if I change my mind on the house - I can buy another Trawler down in Florida. I've always loved the Marine Trader 50' Pilothouse :)

What kind of range do you have? Made several offers on boats in Texas, Florida and tennessee. Was planning a great loop trip but diesel prices up due the feds s looking at a baot that can give 1.5 to 2 miles to the gallon?

DT

Hi Tom,
Sent you a PM, but wanted to mention she gets about 2mpg at cruising speed of 8 knots.
Cheers,
Phillip

Bigger boat

We are needing a bigger boat, but havent sold ours yet, Havent realy advertised it yet. Ours is an Albin 36 that truely burns 1 gal an hour at cruise and 1.5 full. Has recently been completly upgraded. bow to stern. All new. Ready to go. Just in case you might be interested. Tom

We are needing a bigger boat, but havent sold ours yet, Havent realy advertised it yet. Ours is an Albin 36 that truely burns 1 gal an hour at cruise and 1.5 full. Has recently been completly upgraded. bow to stern. All new. Ready to go. Just in case you might be interested. Tom

What size engine do you have in her?

Your fuel consumtion seems a bit low...most get 2 gal/hr at cruise and it goes well over 4 at the pin....

What speeds/rpms do you cruise at?

Nope, Been verified..Never burns more than 1.5

At what RPM??? I don't think many here might believe that a FL120 at the pin only burns 1.5 gal an hour...that equates to about 30-35 hp unless you have a reinvented diesel engine that ALL of us would love to copy.

Some of us wish we knew everything and some of us think we know everything.

"I know the topic is here somewhere but can't find it. With the Ford/Lehman 120 hp what are some good guidelines for best fuel use. Mainly RPM and power curve. I've heard everything from 1.75-2.50 gallons at 6 knots up to 7 gallons at 8 knots. I'm looking for that best RPM to run."

"Hopefully you can zoom in and read. Does not have fuel burn rates though.
I have a 120 in my old 40 and it burns 1.5 gph at about 1500 rpm (6 knots) to 2 ish gph at 1900 rpm (7 + knots).
That is the range I run in. Speed figures vary quite a bit depending on the current.
Most peoplethat I know with the Lehman 120 in a trawler run 1700 to 2000 rpm. Somewhere in there seems to be the comfort zone.
Hope this helps."

Just a few of the "typical" fuel burn numbers I've heard of and experienced...

I have a 40 Albin and a single Lehman 120. I burn "about" 1.5/1.75 gal per hour (as near as I can calculate) at MY cruise speed which is 1700/1750 rpm and 6.5 knots.
I think my boat is a little slow compared to others, but I am loading the engine properly as I can just get to 2500 rpm at WOT.

1 gal per hour seems low to me as well from others I have talked to. They are usually at 2 gal per hour.

I have a 40 Albin and a single Lehman 120. I burn "about" 1.5/1.75 gal per hour (as near as I can calculate) at MY cruise speed which is 1700/1750 rpm and 6.5 knots.
I think my boat is a little slow compared to others, but I am loading the engine properly as I can just get to 2500 rpm at WOT.

1 gal per hour seems low to me as well from others I have talked to. They are usually at 2 gal per hour.

I MIGHT buy 1 gal per hour at cruise if you are willing to go that slow...especially if you have a foul current....but 1.5 g/h wide open on a 120? Nope.....;)

I MIGHT buy 1 gal per hour at cruise if you are willing to go that slow...especially if you have a foul current....but 1.5 g/h wide open on a 120? Nope.....;)

Unless the boat is severely underpropped therefore not loaded at WOT. That would be the only way.

Hi Guys,
I listed the boat on Yachtworld, and dropped the price for a quicker sale. I'd like to see her go to a good home before I move (I can help deliver).
Phillip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom