Coolant Drain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iambe

Vessel Name
Iambe
Vessel Make
1981 35 Cheoy Lee Trawler
Trying to locate coolant drain on 4D254-80 hp Lehman engine. Found the petcock near the alternator but I was told that there is a lower one close to the lift pump at 11 o’clock position. Could not find it. I would think it would be in a similar position on the 135.

If you don't have a manual, a Google search found both the 80 and the 135 online. I would assume they would have the locations shown or explained.

Ted

It may be different on an 80 or 135, but here's a picture of a Lehman 120. The petcock is to the left of of the air intake. 20140731_104937.jpeg

I can tell you that the drain petcock shown in post #3 is in the same position on the 135's. I have never heard of one near the lift pump.

Ken

Lehman engine?

Have you contacted American Diesel for help? If not then do so. Maybe they can help.

No need to bother Brian. The petcock/drain plug is where I said it is in the picture. I recently used them to refresh the coolant in my 120s.
Lehman engine?

Have you contacted American Diesel for help? If not then do so. Maybe they can help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom