Leaking Kitchen Sink Fitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonW28

Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 34T
Hi,
Was hoping someone could tell me if the push to connect fittings for the sinks in the 2006 34s that then screw into the hot/cold sides of the faucet are a Lowes item or am I going to have to go somewhere else? One of mine is leaking and it is easy to cut off the old one but figured I'd ask before driving everywhere looking for the correct replacement.

Thanks,

Don

Welcome aboard. I have no experience with your boat but some of the pex tubing is metric and some of it is in inches so make sure you know which you have. Good luck, I hate working on plumbing.

Remove it, take it to your local box home improvement store and buy NEW.

I definitely going to remove it the real problem is figuring out if the replacement fitting will fit the tubing and then have the right threads for the faucet. Once I get it off tomorrow I'll start at the hardware store and move to the campers if required.

Don

I definitely going to remove it the real problem is figuring out if the replacement fitting will fit the tubing and then have the right threads for the faucet. Once I get it off tomorrow I'll start at the hardware store and move to the campers if required.

Don

I am sure you will discover faucets etc are pretty my standard between house and boat.

I just replaced the head faucet on our 2005 400T. Not sure if it is the exact same setup on the galley, but there is a little adapter fitting that you use to connect the pex tubing to the faucet fittings. I took the faucet into Home Depot and asked the plumbing guy there what to do. He hooked me right up. Sorry I don't have more specific details.

Just replaced kitchen faucet on my 2002 Mainship because the hot water side was leaking. The semi-rigid milky white supply tubing was 1/2" PEX . Same stuff that is available in most big box home improvement stores. If you have PEX it's labeled every 6 inches or so with it's size.

Rather than connecting the faucet directly to the PEX I used a PEX to faucet flexible hose (standard item at HD or Lowes) that way there's no strain put on the fitting at the faucet which caused them to crack in the first place. An added bonus is now I have a shutoff for the kitchen faucet supply if I have to do it again.

Last edited:
Just replaced kitchen faucet on my 2002 Mainship because the hot water side was leaking. The semi-rigid milky white supply tubing was 1/2" PEX . Same stuff that is available in most big box home improvement stores. If you have PEX it's labeled every 6 inches or so with it's size.

Rather than connecting the faucet directly to the PEX I used a PEX to faucet flexible hose (standard item at HD or Lowes) that way there's no strain put on the fitting at the faucet which caused them to crack in the first place. An added bonus is now I have a shutoff for the kitchen faucet supply if I have to do it again.

Pretty much the same as my setup, two of the flexible braided jacket hoses connect to the faucet and the Pex connects to them. But on my '05 it's not actually pex tubing, it's metric and the box store fittings won't work with it. Nonethelss, there is a fitting that is double male that you can use to attach the faucet lines to the plastic pex or similar tubing. You can get that fitting at the box stores. Sorry I can't remember more specifics.

My Mainship has a lot of SeaTech water fittings, and they are not available anywhere in the Florida panhandle. Had to read the data off them and order online. PITA.

My Mainship has a lot of SeaTech water fittings, and they are not available anywhere in the Florida panhandle. Had to read the data off them and order online. PITA.

West Marine used to stock SeaTech parts. I replumbed a previous boat with it and it was a joy to work with as far as plumbing goes. I hate working on plumbing and the SeaTech was really nice to work with. WM ordered me 10’ sticks of the tubing which was nice to work with because it didn’t have the curl from being rolled up in a box.

SeaTech was easy enough to work with, but I prefer to use stuff like PEX which is available everywhere. The problem I had to resolve was the fault of the installers in the factory years ago, not the quality of the SeaTech product. So I am stuck with what I have.

I have removed the offending part and of course it was the Seatech and is a 15mm. No luck finding a 15mm to 1/2 adapter at any of the local stores so I have ordered the replacement part online along with a couple of 15 to 1/2 adapters to toss in the supply box. Putting in the flexible hose to reduce strain is an excellent suggestion and I will be doing that.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Don

Thought so. If I ever had cause to re-plumb the boat, guess what I would not use?

Hi,
Was hoping someone could tell me if the push to connect fittings for the sinks in the 2006 34s that then screw into the hot/cold sides of the faucet are a Lowes item or am I going to have to go somewhere else? One of mine is leaking and it is easy to cut off the old one but figured I'd ask before driving everywhere looking for the correct replacement.

Thanks,

Don
IT is not Pex it is 15MM sea Tech https://www.marineoutfitters.ca/index.cfm?category=10036|10692|11370 you should be able to pull back locking ring if you push on line and pull out of fitting.

When I had one of those darned things start to leak because of poor installation practice which allowed for too much strain on the hose, I discovered it to be a 15 mm SeaTech fitting, something that turned out to be unobtainium on the whole Gulf Coast it seemed. I had to get online and find it. At least it was labeled in tiny lettering on one end of the unit. Got an extra in case of another incident. If I were to plumb a boat, I would pick something universally obtainable like PEX.

leaking kitchen sink fitting

Had a leak in my gallery sink on 2006 MS 34.
Working with pex and standard plumping fitting was a problem!
Special tools and fittings for pex etc. Money spent on adaptors for the two systems , shark bite pex "system'. Hired a plumber . $120.00 and 15 min later. all is good?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom