vessel security

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geeez...so cameras, fake or not.... DO help....right back to where I started from...:D

Yes, if you think security cameras prevent crime, fake cameras work as well as real ones. That's apparently where you started from.

Personally, I don't think they prevent crime. Criminals are criminals and they are not that smart or they would not choose to be criminals.

Yes, if you think security cameras prevent crime, fake cameras work as well as real ones. That's apparently where you started from.

Personally, I don't think they prevent crime. Criminals are criminals and they are not that smart or they would not choose to be criminals.

I provided several links with people who agreed with me...then you even agreed that fake ones or real ones will ultimately help! Thanks for supporting my original statement!!!:thumb:

Doesn't matter what YOU personally think...matters what works...that's what I said and thought about doing. But my marina manager and owner who think like me beat me to it....that's all I said...:D

Some criminals are smart...some are VERY stupid...but what ultimately deters crime is not punishment...but the thought that they might get caught...cameras real or fake give smart or stupid criminals pause...not all but many...then if they do it...real cameras help me figure out who did it. :thumb:

So think what you like...I can't help that...:dance:

You Made My Point Exactly! "Criminals are criminals" and "they are not smart".

When getting into (or breaking into) your boat criminals will either
1. Quickly open the unlocked door... or,
2. Quickly "BREAK" open your locked door!

With #1 - You have little to no costly damage to your craft... or,
With #2 - You have from hundreds to thousands physical boat damage!

Both ways you have the same products stolen.

With # 1 - You have much less hassel, much lower insurance claim, much less chance of insurance premium increase.

With # 2 - You have much more hassel, much higher insurance claim, much higher chance of insurance premium increase.

If locking your boat's door makes you feel more secure for good nights' sleep; by all means - - > Lock Your Door! ;)

Obviously, some folks are just here to argue so carry on, I'm finished.

At least I posted support of my viewpoint..and you supported Art's who also intelligently described how insurance companies treat theft and don't follow "your opinion".

You really shouldn't accuse other people of arguing when you brought up the comment about me putting up cameras and run away with the "I don't wanna play anymore attitude" when they post supportive documentation...:D

Ya Know - - >

Locked doors / Unlocked doors / Real or fake cameras / Gated docks / Marina Patrols... etc, etc!

Taint none make much difference in the long run... if a fkn crook really wants to steal off your boat then it's a done deal - Period!

Some of our collective suggestions may/may-not save problems/$$$ in the long run. Some may/may-not help identify the thief.

Bottom line is “Petty Crooks” (the jerk thieves who spend time breaking into our minimal value boats) are Pieces of Shtt and WE are the Good Guys! Of that I am happy and alongside you I stand proud! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom