Simms Injector Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oil Gypsy

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Classic #248
My new (to me) GB 36 is fitted with twin Ford Lehman 120's with Simms Injector pumps. On the Starboard engine which has difficult access to the injector pump I've discovered that the level indicator bolt has stripped threads, its just hanging in there. Im reluctant to use thread tape to assist as I dont want any debris to to get in the pump.

Is there a recognised fix to this problem other than epoxying the hole shut.

Thanks

I never use this. An empty pump will take 14 oz of oil. I also have a drain valve on the bottom.

I wrapped the screw in pipe tape and carefully screwed it back in. Never to be moved again.

12-14oz. sounds about right. I have it marked on a tupperware jar.

It isn’t recommended to use tape on diesel fuel systems because it can let little pieces get into the pump. I would use a pipe sealant instead of tape. If you are never going to use it then even Marine Tex, although you won’t get the plug out again...

I had the same problem...stripped threads on the injection pump. I installed tapered silicone plugs. You can buy a lifetime supply on amazon for $10.

The plug works great. The injection pump sump is not under pressure.

Adjustments.jpg

Yep, everyone is right. Stick a cork in it. DO NOT USE a mismatched screw or bolt!! My P.O. did and when I tightened it in it went into the works of the injector and blew the side out of it when I hit the starter.

pete

Back
Top Bottom