Old 12-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #9
Comodave
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Correct...I have the assigned hull number in other locations, but not on the stern that I can see. I was actually at a trophy shop yesterday for that purpose, and he told me to bring either a piece of fiberglass, composite, or whatever, but he wouldn’t suggest any of his materials in salt water.

I didn’t imagine I might affix something as high as the hull-deck joint. The surveyor was looking below the swim platform. Maybe some other Of our Manatee members can advise. Bronze, by the way, might be a good idea.

Thanks guys.
Normally they are just below the hull to deck joint starboard side. As to salt water I don’t think that it will make much difference, the real issue is UV from sunlight. If you are worried about that have them make 2 and keep the second one as a spare if the first one deteriorates then replace it. I think that you will get years of service out of them. I had name plates made for the fuel, water and waste tanks and mounted then on the outside of the toe rail on our current boat. They have been there for 4 years and still look pristine. I got ones made out of UV resistant plastic. I bought them online but don’t remember who I got them from.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote