Bellingham moorage May 28 - June 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Pacific Myst
Vessel Make
West Bay 4500
We're needing to find moorage in Bellingham arriving May 28, departing June 2. Squalicum Harbor won't make reservations. Hotel Bellweather may be able to accommodate us.

If anyone has a slip they will vacate those dates it would be greatly appreciated.

It's my daughter's wedding then we want to provision and launch northbound for the summer's cruising.

Thank you!

Did you check with the yacht club?

If you get desperate and are willing to rent a vehicle, Point Roberts is also an option, make sure your passport is up to date as you will be driving through the Can/Am border to and fro.

Point Roberts is a point of land most aren't aware of, it's about the size of a large university campus but attached to BC even though in American waters.

https://www.pointrobertsmarina.com/

Weeatman, yes I looked into reciprocal at the yacht club. It's first come first served and for a shorter stay than we need.

Rsn48, we'll consider Pt Roberts or Blaine if need be. We'll be renting a car no matter where we moor the venue is easily reached from any of them. B'ham is preferred because we've got family flying in from Tx and No Carolina. Lots more to do in B'ham and a better place to stage our departure for points north.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

My 50' Bellingham slip, C dock in front of the yacht club, will be available during the summer while we are in Alaska, but I don't think your dates work for us. Send a PM to discuss further.

Actually for departures North, Point Roberts is probably better but only marginally as it is already a bit north. The place has an interesting history particularly when it came to bootlegging and smuggling between the US and Canada - for one, think rum runner.

My 50' Bellingham slip, C dock in front of the yacht club, will be available during the summer while we are in Alaska, but I don't think your dates work for us. Send a PM to discuss further.
Ken,

Thanks again. I completely understand our schedules don't mesh. I can't change my dates, the wedding venue is booked and distant family have made their reservations and plans

Have you considered Anacortes?

Anacortes is a great marina and town. But we're wanting something closer to the wedding venue in order to host out of state family and friends aboard without asking them to make an hour long drive.

That is only 6 days, early in the season, I am sure there will be transient slips open.

Rebel, you are probably correct about transient being open. But for this event with family and friends traveling long distance probably isn't good enough, we want to be sure. Otherwise we'll drive and stay ashore with everyone else.

Add to the decision mix that B'ham does not allow transient stays of that length. When asked the length of stay and assured moorage they replied "Call back in April, we'll see what we can work out."

Thanks to all for your suggestions. We've started early to solve this and will keep at it.

Back
Top Bottom