USCG v US NAVY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They were all recovered. 6 USCG people were treated and released. 1 of the USN personell had critical injuries and was air lifted off the island later that night.

Will be interesting to hear the result of the investigation.

I sure hope it wasn't testosterone.

Hope it's not career-ending for those in command.

I head a rumor that the Navy small boat had it's pilot house nearly removed. Can't see how that could happen unless broadsided or a steep angle impact. Will really depend from which side it came I guess. Prayers for the quick recovery of all involved.

So no AIS most likely (don't want to broadcast where you are). someone needs radar training.

They were all recovered. 6 USCG people were treated and released. 1 of the USN personell had critical injuries and was air lifted off the island later that night.

Wifey B: Latest seems he's now in stable condition. :)

More here, including picture of the Navy vessel.

Attachments

• CCM-06_16_16-0152.jpg
    CCM-06_16_16-0152.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 84
Hope it's not career-ending for those in command.

It will be. Irrespective of cause. Just cause. From the boat captains to several notches up, both services. Kinda the way it works.

Should be able to limit the damage to some culpable enlisted men:facepalm:

On the face of it, that's a breathtaking and insulting conclusion supported by NO facts. It is entirely likely that no officer was aboard either vessel, but it is also likely the officers responsible for the training of the coxswains will face tough scrutiny, just as the commander of the US Seventh Fleet, who was fired, did over recent collisions out there in the Western Pacific.

Most likely a petty officer was in charge on both vessels.
I want to wait until the investigation is complete before assigning blame.

Should be able to limit the damage to some culpable enlisted men:facepalm:

If not the next ensign to walk by will be reprimanded for failure to properly train and supervise. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom