Rubber Band Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You had some really nice boats there Jeff.

Good for you, visualizing the possibilities and doing them! While everyone should like there boat, it's really only the vehicle to allow you to realize the dream. There's probably no one on the forum that has cruised so much with so little.

Ted

"Don't get me wrong, there is not an ultimate noble reason to own a boat - any and all reasons are just as valid as any others. The challenge is to know which reason one is attempting to address."
- Jeffnick

Jeff:

Thank you!

Thank you so very much for that amazing post! I've read all of your other blog posts and am inspired by how you have always had such a positive outlook. Such a full life, so full of love and laughter centered around your whimsically-named boats and your beautiful sweetheart. You are one of the folks here on TF I would love to meet someday.

Your comment about San Francisco Bay reminded me of recently heading east on the the ICW toward Pensacola Bay after a big air show had just finished. All of a sudden there were about 60 boats of all sizes and shapes hurrying towards us in a 200-ft wide channel, along with two gigantic tow barges and a catamaran motor yacht (that was almost as big as the barges). My AIS was pinging like it was celebrating the 4th of July.

And I loved the old photos, especially the classic old photo of your Ford Bronco with the boat on top. That was quite the storage container hanging off the back bumper.

"Rubber-band trawler" really got me thinking. Great analogy for when I feel like I am pinging back and forth too much without getting where I want/need to be. The challenge is to understand what it is that keeps pulling me back into the slingshot.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Damn Jeff, that was some serious adventuring y’all did over the years. Thanks for sharing that excellent, thought-provoking post. It made me realize we need to do more adventuring. I showed my wife the little Honda y’all rode cross country. Her reply was, Eeeek. [emoji23]

Last edited:
Don't ever quit! TY for the really cool post!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom