Saying Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randy_hutch

Vessel Name
Ahm Ok
Vessel Make
1970 Newport 37 Classic Wood Trawler
Greetings from San Diego, I'm new to this forum and the new caretaker of Ahm OK. She's a Newport 37 Pilothouse Trawler formerly owned by John and Marie. She's been well loved. Some say there are only 5 on the West Coast...I know of 2 others here in San Diego.

At any rate...Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Attachments

• 535601_3082608380280_1115963050_46057713_1820195912_n.jpg
    535601_3082608380280_1115963050_46057713_1820195912_n.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 272
Nice looking vessel, Randy!

Welcome Randy, Excellent looking vessel.

Cheers, Kevin and Melanie

Agree, welcome Randy and nice lookin boat there.

Elwin

Thanks for the welcome! Now to get working on the brightwork!

Welcome aboard! LOVE the look of the stack. I'm thinking it is not functional, but sure is salty as all get out. Nice boat.

Stack

Welcome aboard! LOVE the look of the stack. I'm thinking it is not functional, but sure is salty as all get out. Nice boat.

Hey, Yes, it's a false stack...full of folding chairs :)

Go away your boat is a hog.

Just pulling your leg bro. She looks sweet. Sort of reminds me of a Pacific Trawler'
How's she powered?

Welcome aboard. By the way

Ha...

Go away your boat is a hog.

Just pulling your leg bro. She looks sweet. Sort of reminds me of a Pacific Trawler'
How's she powered?

Welcome aboard. By the way

It is a Seeley design and I'm told the Pacific Trawler was fashioned after it. She's hull # 13 of 13 made in Japan. Apitong frames and double planked mahogany. Powered by a Detroit 4-53.

Truthfully I haven't taken her anywhere yet. Putted across Southbay from the marina to my mooring. I have a 5-drip an hour (or so) freshwater leak...about 3/4 of a gallon a day of anti-freeze. Good for the wood bad for the engine and my cat! I haven't looked very hard but know it's coming from somewhere under the plywood decking of the engine room. It's not coming off the engine or it would be in the fiberglass drip tub.

I read some of the post about trawler vs. floating condo here on the forum. I have fishing rod holders in the salon...but don't even own a pole. It's a Newport 37 Pilothouse Condo! :)

Back
Top Bottom