San Joaquin Delta TF Meet Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pineapple Girl

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Pineapple Girl 3
Vessel Make
Silverton 38c
Anyone? When and Where? Al had a bunch of suggetions...

-Stockton Ports vs San jose Giants baseball game on June 2? we could get slips at the Stockton Marina?
-4th of July? (we plan to take the week off and anchor out somewhere...)
-Rio Vista? (I guess that is the SACRAMENTO delta :))

I'll copy Al's post into this thread...

Al's post from the NYE thread:
We definitely need to arrange a summer delta anchor out. Mandeville for the 4th of July? Mildred Island in August? Village West Marina or Oxbow or Stockton Marina?* We probably should start a new tread on it when folks are ready to plan.

all depends on dates. I'll drive up since Mahalo, with a bit of luck, will be in Santa Barbara.

How is the rain treating you?

all depends on dates. I'll drive up since Mahalo, with a bit of luck, will be in Santa Barbara.

How is the rain treating you?

rain=so so. seems worse farther north vs where we live...

Thanks for reviving this idea, PG!!

I'm off for the Fourth of July week, the first full week of August and the first week of Sept. Other summer weekends are possibilities.

Mandeville 4th of July is the annual Delta Circus. There are also other good anchorages in the area where the fireworks can be observed from a short distance.

While it's fun to anchor out in one spot together, moving around to experience new delta locales can also be fun and allows us to operate our boats together. Alternating between anchorages and marinas can provide an opportunity for some to charge batteries and refill/empty tanks as needed.

I'm even game for rafting up for some time, but I just don't want to raft to the Coot. I'd never get those green and yellow rub-marks out of my hull!! ;-)

Tell me when and where and I'll be there!!

Why not "K dock" to the Farallones late summer/early fall (when the "wind gods" are favorable) and there is a flood tide in the morning (so to minimize waves over the shoaling in the Potato Patch as well as to give us a boost back home)? Could be done with most of us in three days (with overnights in Drake's Bay and Angel Island or Richardson Bay).

Light rain, sprinkles, with intermissions today at the Vallejo Marina. I was filtering/transferring fuel on the Coot today (at about 3-to-4 gallons an hour). Where were you, Ray? I was secretly wanting to accompany you on your boat to the fuel dock.

img_82339_0_ba48b15e48954f061eaaff09057bfa5b.jpg

(Jennifer has been there done it, but I've only been out as far as the lightship, now long gone.)

Last edited:

I'm even game for rafting up for some time, but I just don't want to raft to the Coot. I'd never get those green and yellow rub-marks out of my hull!! ;-)

Al, you've nothing to fear. I've got a minimum of five fenders on both port and starboard sides.

Like to eat at restaurants. Better than "camping."

But then rafting sounds "comfy" especially when someone has an ice maker (which I lack).

Can't wait for the fourth and Hilton's show at Manderville. If you haven't made it before, it is a must see. Between the boats, beauties and fireworks, it it well worth the trip. I have so much fun I stay two weeks. Last year ran into to Flywright out there, hope to meet more of you this week.With any luck I'l be out there by June 24th to get a spot along the shore line. The breeze can pick up pretty good and I have alot of sail area and I've been told my boat has a fat ass. All in good fun.

The Fallons sound interesting as well in the fall. I haven't had this boat outside the gate yet, it would be good to see how it handles.

...Where were you, Ray? I was secretly wanting to accompany you on your boat to the fuel dock...

I want to change a valve on the bottom of the starboard fuel tank before I take on more fuel. Better to do so on MY terms rather than Murphy's... Duke finished cleaning the tanks and filtering my fuel. No water in the fuel and my steel tanks are in good shape after 26 years!

Ray, it's hard to believe your boat is 26 years old. Amazing!

We would love to meet up with everyone. I like the downtown Stockton idea for a ball-game. Would meet anywhere though......
James

Can't wait for the fourth and Hilton's show at Manderville. If you haven't made it before, it is a must see. Between the boats, beauties and fireworks, it it well worth the trip. I have so much fun I stay two weeks. Last year ran into to Flywright out there, hope to meet more of you this week.With any luck I'l be out there by June 24th to get a spot along the shore line. The breeze can pick up pretty good and I have alot of sail area and I've been told my boat has a fat ass. All in good fun.

We will be out there for the Fourth, not sure where! We won't head out until June 30 so I am sure the area around you will be filled in but we will at least come by in the dinghy and say hi a few times! Our boat has a big butt for sure! :blush:

Al, you've nothing to fear. I've got a minimum of five fenders on both port and starboard sides.

Like to eat at restaurants. Better than "camping."

But then rafting sounds "comfy" especially when someone has an ice maker (which I lack).

We've got ice for everyone. :thumb:

We plan to anchor out "somewhere" for memorial day weekend if anyone is interested, plus the ports game weekend in Stockton 6/2 and fourth of july week. Who's in for what? :socool:

I forgot another meet up opportunity, May 5th! This is the big Delta Loop Fest party on the delta loop road. We could have a land based rendezvous at one of the restaurants??

Last edited:
Hilton Fireworks

Just found out:
1) the fireworks will be on Tuesday night, the THIRD. Per the Delta Chamber website
2) we won't be able to take that week off (7/2-7/6) as planned. Not sure what days we can take off that week/ if we will be able to get to the fireworks. If not we will take a different week in July or August and we will be out in the tules somewhere.

Memorial Day we'll be out at Horseshoe, it between the Connection Slough Bridge and Holland Riverside Marina or in that area, if anyone is out stop by the door is always open. Playing on heading out from Thursday to Monday come rain or shine.

Memorial Day we'll be out at Horseshoe, it between the Connection Slough Bridge and Holland Riverside Marina or in that area, if anyone is out stop by the door is always open. Playing on heading out from Thursday to Monday come rain or shine.

We are definitely going "somewhere" for memorial weekend so we'll stop by if I can figure out where it is.... :whistling: I'll check my chart tonight. thanks!

Memorial Day we'll be out at Horseshoe, it between the Connection Slough Bridge and Holland Riverside Marina or in that area, if anyone is out stop by the door is always open.

Wish we could but we'll be roughing it in a NC Beach rental for the week around Memorial Day. Won't be able to make the Ports June 2nd game either.

The Admiral really wants to join the fun at Mandeville again this year, so we'll definitely see you over the July 4th week, Mark.

How about the Delta Loop Fest/Cinco de Mayo for Saturday May 5th? We plan to be around for that weekend, too.

Al where in NC? I've been to lots of beaches there. :rolleyes:

We will text you 5/5 and try to meet up.

I was up in Pittsburg this morning (by car)looking to secure a dock for the summer season as a base. I plan to be up in the Delta from June 1st through Labor day so let me know where the get togethers will be and I look forward to seeing all of the sights.

It will be my first July 4th on the Delta and I hear that Mandeville is the place to be at least once. I am looking for tips on anchoring locations and great places to anchor out and relax. Any tips on what to watch out for are appreciated.

Plan to cruise and fish all summer up there so stop I should have a cold beer onboard for any visitors.

Gerald

Will be on Alaskan waters Memorial Day. Maybe I'll have better luck the Fourth.

I hope this Memorial Day is not like last year. Vickie and I sat in the rain/wind about a mile up Steamboat Slough for two days! Still "on the water" though!!!

gwkiwi, you should join our "community/social" group so we can all plan these get-togethers.

When you get to Pittsburg, stop by, I'm across from the gas dock and cn provide some tipson where to go for the July 4th events. Might even have a cold beverage.
delta swizzler

We are definitely going "somewhere" for memorial weekend so we'll stop by if I can figure out where it is.... :whistling: I'll check my chart tonight. thanks!

Found it! We hope to stop by and meet you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom