Hello from Alaska!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaska Californian 37

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sea Surgeon
Hello everyone, I figured it was time to introduce myself. I have been enjoying the site and look forward to learning more as well as sharing my experiences as I work on my new project.

Last week I purchased a 1977 37' Californian Trawler out of Kodiak. I am now the second owner and am working to renovate & refresh it over the coming year. Lots of pics will follow of course, and inevitably some questions as well.

Wasilla, eh? Can you see Russia from there? How about Sara Palin's house?

Just kidding. Welcome to TF. How about sharing some photos of your baby. Where do you moor it? Not too many places around Wasilla to moor a boat.

I was in Anchorage in the 70's working for our favorite uncle (sam) and stationed at Elmendorf. AK is the most beautiful state I've ever lived in.

Welcome! It will be interesting to hear your refit/refurb tale.

Curious where Anchorage area boaters keep their craft; everything there is mudflats. Will you keep her in Whittier, or down in Homer or Seward? Or is there some other local option I'm not seeing?

Welcome! I have Nikiski on the stern, and winter over in Homer on the hard, but port out of Seward for the largest part of the summer. I hate the tides in Homer, hate the congestion and lack of services in Whittier, and love the camaraderie in Seward and it's International flavor on the transient dock I usually tie to.

Seward has much nicer access, and a liquor store, grocery store, and tackle store. Season parking pass is $50. The fires last summer did make traveling back and forth challenging though...

I'll be looking forward to your posts!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your projects.

Wellcome to forum. You have great project ahead! Would like to visit Alaskan waters some day!��

Welcome and Congratulations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom