Dish Network For Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimdavi

Vessel Name
Couple’s Retreat
Vessel Make
2019 North Pacific 45
Trying to figure out how get Dish on the boat. Was thinking I would change the house to Dish and then do I just need another box on the same account? Anyone done this? I have an Intellian I-3 antenna. I know they have an outdoor service but that seems to be a separate account? Any help would be appreciated.

If you do that and I have read that it does work you will not get local stations (ABC, etc.) Once you move the boat out of the viewing area of your home. If you want the locals as you cruise you need to subscribe to a Sish RV acccount. With an RV account you can suspend service while not cruising and not be billed during suspension.
Trying to figure out how get Dish on the boat. Was thinking I would change the house to Dish and then do I just need another box on the same account? Anyone done this? I have an Intellian I-3 antenna. I know they have an outdoor service but that seems to be a separate account? Any help would be appreciated.

I have a dish home account. Nothing special. I bought 2 extra receivers and pay $7 per month extra. One stays in motorhome, other is in boat. I use the tailgater antennas so boat only works at dock so your Intellilan is even better. If I am out of the home area I just call Dish and real time the enable the local signals. Have used this for years.
I have been extremely pleased with Dish. I live in a rural area so cable is not an option so it is a no brainer to use dish for our home. They know the two receivers are on boat and RV and they are very helpful when I need the locals changed. There is no need to get an RV subscription. That is for folks who don't use Dish at home.

I did use Dish and shared an account with 2 other people, one with a house in Seattle, his brother on a commercial boat in Astoria and me cruising. The others had 2 receivers, I had one. We had almost everything Dish offered and split it 3 ways. No problems with Dish Network.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom