Waterproof Tags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmreim

Vessel Name
Boundless
Vessel Make
2013 North Pacific 43'
Looking to label my important systems (fuel lines, water lines, waste lines, electrical circuits, etc.) with decent size waterproof tags/labels that will standup to time. Might even put a QR code on 1 side to help quickly identify what things are (link to online manual). Anyone use anything like this and if so, can you recommend a product that's easy to see/use (perhaps a small waterproof PVC zippered envelope that I could slip a label/QR code into)?
Thx.

I have a Brother P-Touch label maker. They make weatherproof labels. When I cable labels, I print the same word twice with a decent space. place the cable in the space, then wrap both ends around on each other and stick the bottom of the label to itself. I use 1/4" white labels with black lettering for cables.

What you have is a waterproof label with the wording on both sides of the label.

:)

I have a Brother P-Touch label maker. They make weatherproof labels. When I cable labels, I print the same word twice with a decent space. place the cable in the space, then wrap both ends around on each other and stick the bottom of the label to itself. I use 1/4" white labels with black lettering for cables.

What you have is a waterproof label with the wording on both sides of the label.

I'll ditto this. I did this for years and it worked out great. A P-Touch is a great piece of gear to have on a boat. I also used it to put on PM items like filters, coolant tanks etc to note date/hours things were done. Very handy.

+1 on the P-touch. Label all sorts of things with it including filter changes, anode changes, duck bill valve changes, etc. Have a larger version printer than pluge to a laptop and prints on 1" tape for bigger labels or warning labels.

20190819_122231.jpg

Ted

Greetings,
Mr. J. +2 on the P-Touch. For some wires you might apply the label then slip a section of clear heat shrink tubing over it. Protects the label from soil and accidental removal if and when the glue softens or lets go.

Alternately, white heat shrink can be written upon with a Sharpie marker.

Last edited:
There is printable heat shrink tubing for some of the P touch printers. We use it at work quite often.

I am a big fan of my Brother label maker. I am sure I like this technique, but no matter how many times I read it I cannot quite visualize it. Can ya help me out?

Nice that our North Pacific came with everything labeled!

Back
Top Bottom