Boeing Security

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
Just got back from directing a shoot at our Charleston 787 plant. Boeing Security there has a new asset, a device known as "Li'l Snappy." Li'l Snappy, along with similar devices, is kept parked in the large ponds on either side of the main gate guardhouse from which it emerges to "rearrange" anyone who tries to enter the plant without the proper credentials. It responds to a dual-tone horn mounted on the guardhouse.

I took these photos of Li'l Snappy as we were leaving the plant. We were about ten feet away from it at the time but since we all had our Boeing badges and camera permits we were allowed to proceed with our photo taking undisturbed. Li'l Snappy is six feet long.

Attachments

• Snappy 1a.jpg
    Snappy 1a.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Snappy 2.jpg
    Snappy 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 76
  • Snappy 3.jpg
    Snappy 3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Snappy 4.jpg
    Snappy 4.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 80
Marin
Doesn't Eric have one of these in Thorn Bay? Cold water Crocs and Gators are pretty docile until the water warms up though.

I don't know about Thorne Bay but he'll probably want one in Concrete as he ventures back into the hotbed of gangs, meth cookers, burglers, and con artists that is Washington State. Actually it's the Washington State legislature, but he'd probably find Li'l Snappy a handy thing to have around anyway.

He is a cute little fellow. Had a gator about that size visit my back yard a couple of times. Not very surprising since I live on a canal that connects to the Everglades. The fellow in the attached photo was a surprise. He is a salt water crock and was actually very shy. He hung around for a few days then moved on.

Attachments

• Crock2.jpg
    Crock2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 84
Li'l Snappy is six feet long.

Would be delighted to send his daddy or grand daddy up to you.

6 ft is barely out of the crib!!!

FF

I know. When they started clearing and filling the boggy land that occupied the site of the current assembly building, Boeing had the wildlife people come in and capture and relocate a number of alligators, a few of which we were told were in the 14 foot range. Apparently the largest known alligator on record in the US was 19 feet long in Louisiana.

The alligators in the Boeing ponds are allowed to get up to about 8 feet at which point the wildlife people are called and they relocate them to more remote areas.

We were playing golf a couple of years ago at Sanibel island and I hit a shot near a pond. As I walked down there, a croc or alligator, not sure of the difference was right next to my ball. I dropped in the middle of the fairway and did not take a penalty shot. Not to be messed with! And mine was small!

That's what I'd call a real water hazard.

Here's the argument for not using an inflatable dinghy (or what in OZ they call "teething rings" for the crocs).

Attachments

• Croc attack002 a.jpg
    Croc attack002 a.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 92
A man in a town up north the other day - north Queensland that is, ie Oz, was driving his car up his street when a 9 foot croc ran out and bit into his car, leaving 5 large bite makes in the (plastic) bumper...yet they are insisting there be no cull, and they are legally protected animals here..

Got to have something to keep you Queenslander's in check.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom