Lurkers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RT Firefly

Enigma
Greetings,
A few glitches but all in all things seem to be going swimmingly. I note that a number of the original crew are now on line-good for you. I also see that there are a large number of "guests" on line (127 currently). VERY impressive but may I offer an invitation for those "just looking" to join up please. The more the merrier IMHO.
I've noticed a few new members and might I offer a personal "Welcome aboard" to all.

Lurkers are almost always the majority of viewers.

RT, did you change barbers?

Greetings,
I did not change barbers my barbers changed me. I thought with the "New Look" website I would adopt a new look as well. Quite pensive and intriguing is it not?

FYI - Keep in mind, the search engines often go crazy after a site conversion because all the URLs are new so they often bombard the site with their crawlers and those can temporarily boost the number of guests online.

After we settle in we should start to see some consistent results on number of guests online which will peak at certain times and on certain days of the week.

Back in the old days you would update your site and it would not be re-indexed in the search engines for many months. They only rebuilt the search indexes a few times per year. Now it's almost instant. As you can see from this attachment they already have our new site showing and we are now what is called an "authority site" for the search 'Trawler Forum' meaning we have the top spot and big bold breakout sections below.

google authority.gif

After some time passes we will change out the password reset message currently being shown to guests to a prompt encouraging them to join. Based on results at other sites this has increased the registration rates and leads to more people posting which makes the community more vibrant. So we will work on converting our lurkers to posters as we more forward.

Hello all, I have been a Lurker for a number of years absorbing al the info I could. I live on the inland waters of the US on a trib of the Ohio River. I haven't had anything to say even though I was a regestered user. I didn't feel the need to log on since i didn't have anything to add, but with the new setup to see the attachements I will have to be loggerd in so I may add comments now and again. RT I enjoy seeing your posts, hope you got to enjoy the boat some since we last talked.

Tugboat Frank

Welcome Frank!
...but with the new setup to see the attachements I will have to be loggerd in so I may add comments now and again.
That's actually a configuration glitch and we will turn on attachments for non-members but maybe we should rethink that! Glad you finally joined the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom