Anyone familiar with this Boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MV La Costa

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
La Costa
Vessel Make
Diesel Duck 462
Been for sale for quite sometime - Portland, OR.

Seems never fully finished, no name, no home port...

Curiosity is getting the better of me! Anyone local know the deal?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2007/custom-long-range-trawler-3192847/?refSource=standard%20listing

Well it’s definitely a big boat with nice swim platform staples.:ermm:

It is an interesting boat. It looks like it was built more to commercial specifications than to pleasure craft finish. I love the engine room.

I prefer steel. I like the workboat aspects of her. If only her purchase price and care and feeding costs were within my budget....

Have you seen the boat? Might be the time to make a low offer.

It strikes me as a boatyard built exterior and the interior was finished by someone else. The outside speaks of quality materials and workmanship. The interior looks like a much older boat with a lower level of craftsmanship. IMO....

Ted

It strikes me as a boatyard built exterior and the interior was finished by someone else. The outside speaks of quality materials and workmanship. The interior looks like a much older boat with a lower level of craftsmanship. IMO....

Ted

I agree. For a 2007 it doesn't look a $400k interior.

Ted

Wifey B: Interior looks to me like an old DIY trailer in a dumpy trailer park, not even a nice mobile home. Then some things just weird, like the elevated washer and dryer in the ER. Like, oh there's a space, we could put it there. How do you even get to them to use them with crap in front of them. :nonono:

I'm not all that impressed with the exterior either, although the hull looks ok, but not so much with the deck. Utilitarian and may be decent but needs examination.

The one thing that would give me hope is the quality of equipment I saw. Brands like Northern Lights, Sidepower, and other. :)

Now, also questions about the Oregon registration sticker. 2013. Does that mean it's not been used since 2013 or the photos are from 2013. Either way, a big question. :eek:

Looks like a lot of Residential stuff on the interior. Finishing a boat is not like finishing a basement or an attic.

It’s nicer than the trailer I once lived in.

Hell of a lot nicer than the room I lived in while going to college and working three jobs. One room, iron for a toaster and open windows for AC. But it was better than sleeping in an old car.

I like the boat. Some of the interior is done in a different taste than I would choose but it's not my boat so I can't critique. I like the use of space in the ER. The headroom seems low but it might be the angle of the photographs.

Totally unrelated thread drift but I was noticing the anchoring setup & am wondering how does one attach an anchor snubber to a wire rode without damaging the wire?

Totally unrelated thread drift but I was noticing the anchoring setup & am wondering how does one attach an anchor snubber to a wire rode without damaging the wire?

She's built like a work boat. A good strong winch attached to a steel deck won't need a snubber.

Another look: The fit and finish is crude with some weird wall angles and other goofy build. If that's not important to someone it could be a great deal.

Hell of a lot nicer than the room I lived in while going to college and working three jobs. One room, iron for a toaster and open windows for AC. But it was better than sleeping in an old car.

Wifey B: Nicer than the house I grew up in. :)

This boat has been for sale for some time. Since it is local I was intrigued. I would not mind a quality built steel hull. To me it seemed like it was home built. Definitely the interior and possibly the hull too. That can be OK if the builder has the skills and does not take shortcuts. Without a lot of documentation on how the hull was built, sand blasted, primed and painted etc you don't really know what you are getting into. Commercial plans or a one off, etc? Lots of questions.

I got a headache looking at the listing. I am not sure you could come out ahead if they gave it to you.

GH

I’m thinking It is a pretty decent price and you should be able to get it for quite a bit less. A good survey Would find most flaws. I’m not in the market but if I was I would certainly consider it.

Harsh crowd here.
Spoilt for choice obviously.

Forget about the asking price. Call a bank and ask them what they would loan you to buy that boat. If you send them the listing link I doubt you would ever hear back from them. Maybe they would underwrite the loan with a 200% down payment and a 300% insurance policy. I am sorry. There isn't a lot of there there.

Forget about the asking price. Call a bank and ask them what they would loan you to buy that boat. If you send them the listing link I doubt you would ever hear back from them. Maybe they would underwrite the loan with a 200% down payment and a 300% insurance policy. I am sorry. There isn't a lot of there there.

What makes you say the above?
I have seen this boat from the exterior only. I had a boat just down river from it.. the exterior looked fine, work boat style .. you bet. But from what I recall I would have loved to given it some love. The e.r. in the pics looks ok.. have see a number of boats with laundry on the ER. What's wrong with residential appliances??. Nordhavn uses some.. lots of yachts have " house" appliances. Remember it's a $375k 60' boat.. ya'll need to quit being so snobby
Hollywood

Nice bones, but... Interior needs a major redesign. Take it down to bare steel and start from scratch.

I like it. I agree with Boomerang, wouldn't choose that interior but certainly could live with it easily. I tend to like the workboat finish.

Bigfish is probably correct, this can be had for probably a lot less than asking price. I wonder what the back story is? under 200 hrs..

refrigerator

i wonder how they got that huge fridge through that door ??

Amazing

Why don't you call the broker or you would rather hear from those "that have only an opinion"?

TN

Most builders will put equipment on the boat before they close it in. I’ve built a few boats an all have been done that way, the problem comes when you have to remove the item. A friend took delivery of a new Bertram and the engine developed a problem within 20 hours, the deck had to be cut and removed to pull the engine. He wasn’t happy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom