• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

36 GB twin 4cyl $30000 in SE AK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
It's a woodie in Craig Alaska w twin 4 cyl engines. I'm quite sure they are Lehman's. The boat is said to be in very good shape. I'll see the boat soon and have more information. I think it's just a "gotta move it" situation.

American Marine used the 4-cylinder Ford Lehman in a few GB36s in the early woody days. I believe they are 90 hp. Basically the same as the FL120 with two less cylinders.

A woody can be a whole lot of work, particularly in this climate. If one is able to keep it in a boathouse that's a major help in keeping the boat in good condition. Almost everyone I have met with a GB woody in nice shape keeps it inside The ones I've seen outside tend to be in rougher shape and seem to require a lot more time and effort on the part of their owners to keep them up.

Thanks for chime'in in Marin.
All a givin though. It may be a scream'in deal. I sorta know the owner. He also own's my fathers old boat (a lobster type) the Islander (formerly the Free at Last). Dad had it built in Maine using Airex Foam construction. It's also for sale and an excellent buy at $65K. I'll look next time we go to Craig........prolly very soon.

Saw the owner's wife yesterday and it seems this boat is powered by Perkins engines and I think they are 60 hp. Should be a very economical twin engined cruiser. I was going to walk the dock and take a pic but she said it was covered.

Be interesting to know if this is a repower or if American Marine built it that way. The engines most used by AM in the early days were Lehman (6 and 4 cylinder) and Ammarine, which were marinzed John Deeres. But a buyer might have specified the Perkins, or perhaps if it's a very early woody AM might have tried it out on their own.

I suspect it was speced that way. Probably some guy didn't like Lehmans or the buyer wanted twin engines w the same power of the single. Twin 60s is 120 hp. That's the way I would have done it. We're going to town today to get oil and filters so I'll go down to the south her and see if anybody's there.

Sa the wife Micky working in the store and she said he was out fishing w the Islander. Going back to Craig Wednesday ...will try again.

Failed again. Even forgot my camera. Saw the owner and he said he was going to uncover the GB yesterday but it was a bit windy..........
So next week..........should have pics.

Got some pics and the boat was the 9th built (I think). It's got 87hp Perkins engines. I think they are 235 cu in. The same engine that was installed in the 36' Willard. It was a big boat. The decks on this GB are new and Brad says the boat dos'nt leak and I think he was talking about the cabins ...not the hull. I have not been aboard and he still has'nt got the tarps off. I'm disgusted w this downsizing issue. Too time consuming. I'll probably just stop posting pics.

Attachments

• varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp5axVVM.jpg
    varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp5axVVM.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 123
That is one old GB36. It doesn't even have the engine air intakes on the outside of the bulwarks like most GB woodies. Also the safety lines along the sides instead of handrails is a first-generation GB feature. I'm betting it has the step down aft deck like the GB32. They used this on the first GB36s and then dropped it in favor of a one-level main deck all around. Does the boat have a mast and boom stored somewhere or are they missing?

IIRC the early GB36s have the galley across the back of the main cabin instead of along the port side. Based on the one boat I've been on that had this arrangement, I thought it was a less-than-ideal use of space.

The early GB36 woodies had a cabin door on each side of the helm. The port door was eliminated when they moved the galley to this side of the boat. It's hard to tell in the photo if this boat has the portside door or not.

Last edited:
I'm disgusted w this downsizing issue. Too time consuming. I'll probably just stop posting pics.

Something has changed, at least on my computer running Firefox. If I click on Albi the Ipana dog, the picture does come up larger.

dwhatty,
It's mostly my new camera .....takes 6MB pictures. It makes posting pics a lot of trouble. As far as I know (and I know very little) I need to downsize each picture one at a time before I can get it to post on TF.

Eric-- There is a size limit to photos that can be attached to a post. The size limits are listed at the bottom of the attachments page if you hit the "manage attachments" button under a post. The size limit for a jpeg is 195 kb, which is really small. The original forum accepted photos that were much larger. I resize photos in Photoshop, which is very easy once you know how to do it.

So your 6mb photo has to be resized down a lot to fit the forum's size limitation. And yes, so far as I know you have to resize each photo individually.

Well Marin it appears the limit is over 1MB as that picture of the GB is over 1MB. I reduced it to 1MB and it posted. It was over 3MB on my computer as imported from the camera. If we were on the old site I would have posted several other pictures.

Eric, check out your camera specs. Most have the option of reducing the size of the image as it's being captured....fine to standard or such wording. You may be able to get the original image below 1meg.

Well Marin it appears the limit is over 1MB as that picture of the GB is over 1MB. I reduced it to 1MB and it posted. It was over 3MB on my computer as imported from the camera. If we were on the old site I would have posted several other pictures.

It may be that the forum software compresses whatever you send it down to 195 kb max. I don't know how it's set up other than the maximum size for a jpeg attachment is stated to be 195 kb in the chart on the attachments page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom