TF Gathering in SE Florida 2020...2/20-2/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
giphy.webp

That tug could move the docks a half mile so we can have better positions on the bars. :)

There are now seven pages on this topic. Has a date been set?. I will be in Stuart November, end Jan- end of April.

Was there something planned for this fall? We were going to the Abacos for the winter, but....

Gordon

yes, date was established several pages back, page 4.
Feb 20- 23 as established by the high paid tribal council!... If you come, you will have fun....Or at least some laughs

Last edited:
And you’ll get fed and doused with booze but you might not get your shoes back as Howard can attest.

Now I just have to decide if I am driving up, or bringing the boat too.

Gordon

How likely is it that the venue will fill up? I think I'd like to stop in, but am currently fifteen degrees of latitude away, and am hesitant to make a reservation so early.

Dave. The marina would be the one to ask, we will be there and you don’t need an admission ticket to attend (although some others might need one). :)

BTW you can always cancel

From last year, the marina was pretty well full.
The dockmaster and the office manager, Annie are very helpful if you have to squeeze in at the last minute.
They took great care of us when the slip we were to move to after tf he TF gathering fell through, found us a slip through May.
It may be worth it to make a reservation anyway and cancel later if you can't make it.

From last year, the marina was pretty well full.
The dockmaster and the office manager, Annie are very helpful if you have to squeeze in at the last minute.
They took great care of us when the slip we were to move to after tf he TF gathering fell through, found us a slip through May.
It may be worth it to make a reservation anyway and cancel later if you can't make it.

Think you’ll make this year, John? Gravy biscuits, emmm.

Good friends, good spirits and good food. Looking forward to it all.

Thanks once again for taking control Don. Much appreciated.

The most fun you can have with your clothes on. :)

Yes. We will be there this year.
I will check with them today about confirmation for February.
We are taking our car down there later today, and will be arriving there for a while about the 6th of November.
I will ask Priscilla about Biscuits and Gravy, as I am not really a morning person after good rum.

The most fun you can have with your clothes on. :)

See, this is the kind of Good Samaritan that has saved my bacon on so many occasions. I never know what to wear, so half the time I just say to hell with it and show up naked. Now I know this is a clothes-on kind of event, and that’ll save a lot of embarrassment.

As I understand, the East German Judge will NOT be attending. Looking forward to seeing you all next year.

Perhaps the Russian will substitute. :)

RT your participation is requested this year. No excuses! Please.

I've been lurking on this topic - as things got close we were going to make a call on whether we'd be going or not. Not sure if this has been brought up - pulled from Bob423's ICW Cruising group on FB concerning pump out services at FPCM.

"Diesel is available, but no gas and no pump out- not even on the docks. Due to construction of a new on-site restaurant. We were informed: "probably not until February". Cruisers and boaters will want to plan carefully and of course we all generally want to do the right thing."

Free pump out was always available at the fuel docks, fill with fuel and pump out the STUFF. It may be available when we are there, perhaps the dock master may know as our date gets closer. I don’t for see a problem as I’ll pump out before I head to the gathering.

I've been lurking on this topic - as things got close we were going to make a call on whether we'd be going or not. Not sure if this has been brought up - pulled from Bob423's ICW Cruising group on FB concerning pump out services at FPCM.

"Diesel is available, but no gas and no pump out- not even on the docks. Due to construction of a new on-site restaurant. We were informed: "probably not until February". Cruisers and boaters will want to plan carefully and of course we all generally want to do the right thing."

The floating docks have in slip pump out. If for some reason the fuel dock pump out was out of commission, I'm sure a temporary spot could be found on one of the floating docks to facilitate a pump out. This is a municipal marina, and I'm sure they are bound by an obligation to make pump outs available.

Ted

You'd think so, but....

The floating docks have in slip pump out. If for some reason the fuel dock pump out was out of commission, I'm sure a temporary spot could be found on one of the floating docks to facilitate a pump out. This is a municipal marina, and I'm sure they are bound by an obligation to make pump outs available.

Ted

You'd be wrong. We fuelled up least night and took a floating slip. No pump out either place. Contractor problems is what I was told.

Gordon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom