Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can a Uniflite 36DC be an "Interesting Boat"? Take at look at the interior pictures of this one.

"There has been a ridiculous amount of time and money put into ENTRE AMIS...the all new hardwood interior will make you weak in the knees if you like high quality wood and craftsmanship!"

WOW - POs were in love with their Uni!

I owned 1973 31' sedan sport fisher Uniflite with flybridge. Nice boat!

Uni's were very well built. Mid 1974 was last time they were constructed with the "correct" ingredients in their gelcoat. After that, due to some sort of U.S. govt regulations, Uniflite altered their gelcoat ingredients. This was due to thousands of 31' Uniflite boat hulls ordered for Delta patrol in Vietnam [same hull design as the 1973 31' Uni I owned].

Long and short of what happened to Uniflite [i.e. what eventually broke their financial back]:

When Uniflite began manufacturing thousands of boats for Vietnam war, using the govt's mandated new gelcoat formula, the Uniflite company began also using the new gelcoat on all their boats... pleasure boats included. Well... unbeknownst to anyone the new gelcoat formula was long term unstable. In that, after a few to several years in the sun it would "bubble", horribly every where the sun hit it! This "bubbling" surface effect was unsightly at least and unrepairable at worst. I've seen Uni's that looked like chicken pox had attacked their gelcoat surfaces.

What happened then was an enormous class action suit by private owners. Owners won, Uniflite went broke!

I carefully looked at all photos and read most words about the Uni you provide link to. Did not notice any bubbles in photos and did not read any mentions of bubbles. Perhaps this Uni was a lucky one that had different gelcoat used than what the govt had mandated. Maybe it had been boat house stored, out of the sun's rays! Belonging to a Uniflite forum for some time I had read that in some cases there were Uni's built using the pre govt gelcoat.

If no bubbles exist - the Uniflite in your link is surely a great classic pleasure craft to own and enjoy!

Happy Uniflite Daze! - Art :speed boat:

Can a Uniflite 36DC be an "Interesting Boat"? Take at look at the interior pictures of this one.

"There has been a ridiculous amount of time and money put into ENTRE AMIS...the all new hardwood interior will make you weak in the knees if you like high quality wood and craftsmanship!"

Wow that interior really is nice, and according to the broker that 36' boat is now a "mega yacht." Someone decided to lose about $50-100k on that boat.

Hey, I wonder if I can disassemble the interior and just install it in a new-build???

Well, someone must have really loved that boat. I can’t tell what the boat actually came with, but that’s a whole lot of woodwork.

Well, someone must have really loved that boat. I can’t tell what the boat actually came with, but that’s a whole lot of woodwork.

Can a Uniflite 36DC be an "Interesting Boat"?

Not my style of boat at all, so not interesting from that point of view. But, this boat may be much more than interesting. Healhustler alludes to this.

When I look at the photos of this boat it just screams of the absolute joy that this boat brought to the whoever did this during his tenure with it.

That is really the thing about boats, isn't it? So cool.....

Tolly Coastal Cruiser - Not many made.

Hi Art,

Been off TF for a bit, too busy on gathering winter firewood
The 37 Tolly LRC loccally still here. On the hard, Know the owner now and have physically threaten him that were I younger he would not have the boat!!
Yes, it is in need of love, but damn, I do think that is a nice model for crusing in SE Alaska.
Good to see you post this rare Tolly model.

Al-Ketchikan

Reactions: Art

I've been aboard several Uniflite boats. Never seen one all gussied up as that one.

I believe Eric used to work at Uniflite. He may have better input. Maybe Uniflite had a specially appointed custom package??

The Uni shown sure is pretty in all respects!

This 79 footer has a bay for storing a 4X4, a garage for the tender in the stern, and pushes all my buttons. Who knows how many millions, but if I had it I would plunk it down and roam the seven seas in this dream boat.
It turns (at speed) almost on its axis. I can't find anything about it I don't admire so thought you all would enjoy it, too.
;)

It makes me feel good knowing that boats like this

exist in the world. I love clicking the pictures and realizing my mouth is wide open. Oh my!
I suppose this is also like looking at a spaceship or a lear jet. Not likely to ever own one. I have asked myself several times if it is unhealthy to look at things like this. Things that are completely out of reach. There is a fine line between dreams and frustration. Keep it real dog. Hard to turn away from that kind of beauty though. Check that, what's wrong with putting a smile on your face?

This 79 footer has a bay for storing a 4X4, a garage for the tender in the stern, and pushes all my buttons. Who knows how many millions, but if I had it I would plunk it down and roam the seven seas in this dream boat.
It turns (at speed) almost on its axis. I can't find anything about it I don't admire so thought you all would enjoy it, too.
;)

I WANT IT!!! :eek: :D :thumb:

...Hard to turn away from that kind of beauty though...

Too flat/square at the arse end for my tastes! Also, even if we had the money, I think we'd go for something we could handle ourselves or handle solo in a pinch.

exist in the world. I love clicking the pictures and realizing my mouth is wide open. Oh my!
I suppose this is also like looking at a spaceship or a lear jet. Not likely to ever own one. I have asked myself several times if it is unhealthy to look at things like this. Things that are completely out of reach. There is a fine line between dreams and frustration. Keep it real dog. Hard to turn away from that kind of beauty though. Check that, what's wrong with putting a smile on your face?
I think of it like window shopping. It is food for the imagination.
She's a beauty!

I would have guessed about $3 million. She's a bargain!!

That is part of what is interesting about it to me.
If you compare it to a brand that has had cultish marketing power behind it, it would be priced about twice this level.
Worth asking I think, is it half the boat?

great looking boat but, 31ft, V-berth and a wet head.
Oh well.

I think you're missing the point...imagine a similar set of bilge fins/legs on your boat and where you could go with them.

As a former sea kayaker I could envision sneaking into all manner of quiet thin water protected spots, letting the tide fall out from underneath the boat and letting it dry. Could also sneak up creeks and smaller rivers on the high tide and rest on sand bars until the tide lifted you off again.

We have large tides here and there's usually a big difference between the heights of the high tides, so you'd have to be sure to dry out on the lower one!

If this thread was "Affordable, sensible boats" Boatruptcy and I would be banned for life. :)

It seems any boat bigger than about 79' is a ship.

Last edited:
If this thread was "Affordable, sensible boats" Me and Boatruptcy would be banned for life. :)

Not many $50k boats I find interesting unfortunately. That Inace is my dream boat for now, see if I can get Mrs. Boatruptcy to get a second job and re-work our budget a bit.

I think you're missing the point...imagine a similar set of bilge fins/legs on your boat and where you could go with them.

As a former sea kayaker I could envision sneaking into all manner of quiet thin water protected spots, letting the tide fall out from underneath the boat and letting it dry. Could also sneak up creeks and smaller rivers on the high tide and rest on sand bars until the tide lifted you off again.

We have large tides here and there's usually a big difference between the heights of the high tides, so you'd have to be sure to dry out on the lower one!

No, I was thinking of MY application.
Hey, if you were quick, you repaint the bottom and change the zincs too.
Yes those legs could actually increase the resale value.
Tides here are about 2 ft. Those tides in the NE, they are impressive.

And talk about a lot of boat for the money....

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/19...e=enhanced listing&refSource=enhanced listing

Although buying her is probably the cheapest part of that deal.

Very nice.

But that's a pretty powerful thirst.

These figures came directly from Detroit Diesel.

12V71N Burn Rate x 2

1200 RPM = 12 GPH
1300 RPM = 14 GPH
1400 RPM = 16 GPH
1500 RPM = 18 GPH
1600 RPM = 19 GPH
1700 RPM = 24 GPH
1800 RPM = 28 GPH
1900 RPM = 32 GPH
2000 RPM = 36 GPH
2100 RPM = 42 GPH
2200 RPM = 48 GPH
2300 RPM = 56 GPH

https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-10654.html

Originally Posted by Brisyboy:
whats the wheel on the instrument panel?

Variable pitch propellor control, it looks like. Common in Europe. Combined with an exhaust temperature gauge, engine loading heaven. No need for reverse gear, either:

Controllable Pitch Propellers

I'd like on on my next boat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom