a rough start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruthless

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Doctail
Vessel Make
Fu Hwa 42
Yikes, this was the first part of our voyage home... much better after that. 260 miles from the Albermarle sound to the Upper chesapeake bay

Attachments

• video.jpeg
    video.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 408
Looks like a normal day of boating in the Pacific Northwet

Yikes, this was the first part of our voyage home... much better after that. 260 miles from the Albermarle sound to the Upper chesapeake bay

Looks like a normal day of boating in the Pacific Northwet

I couldn't figure out how to post the video, waves breaking over the top over the fly bridge... yikes

I couldn't figure out how to post the video, waves breaking over the top over the fly bridge... yikes

Me thinks you mean "spray" blowing over the top of the flybridge...:D

Looks like any windy day on the Albemarle....:thumb:

You got your face washed.
Many times, in the long past if I can help it, we washed the back deck with spray, the heavy stuff that went SPLAT. The wipers would sort of clear the windsheild just in time to sort of see the next batch coming. Sort of do and sort of don't miss those days.

Now my wife and I are retarded so we avoid most of that.

NIce to see you enjoying your boat and just think you saved on wash water. Nice eco touch.

What is pictured below is somewhat "mild." It's not unusual to have spray going over the pilothouse when transitting the steep chop in the San Francisco estuary (here, somewhere in the Carquinez Strait with the spray only reaching the pilothouse windows, while moving less than hullspeed). Winds from the east had built up waves against the flooding tide moving toward the east. It's one thing or the other. Normally, it's the opposite with westerly winds against an ebb tide.

img_81956_0_e826dbb0c4388dd72918b9b61b5fca8f.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom