Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn’t it great how our financial overlords can greenwash their reputations by giving their loose change to pet charities? I truly do not see how that makes up for hoovering up half of the wealth in the country over the last three decades. There is nothing particularly virtuous about a magnanimous billionaire who deigns to cast pennies to the crowd.
How about we go back to the dystopian hellscape that was the 1950’s when the maximum tax rate was 70% and the middle class was thriving?

Last edited:
Greetings,
Gee willikers! I thought this thread of over 7000 posts was about interesting boats? Let's not sink into "bashing" please. We can ALL give examples of haves and have nots but may I suggest THIS is NOT the place to do it.

Thank you all.

200.webp

Greetings,
Gee willikers! I thought this thread of over 7000 posts was about interesting boats? Let's not sink into "bashing" please. We can ALL give examples of haves and have nots but may I suggest THIS is NOT the place to do it.

Thank you all.

200.webp

:thumb: :thumb: :nonono: :banghead:

Hi fellow TFers. Thought this an interesting enough story to put in this "Interesting Boat" thread.

"Duke"... You could say... a... Barn Find [actually, undercover... in a barn!]

Deceased Relatives boat [Duke the orig owner, was a great guy]. 1988 19' Blue Water ski/fun boat w/ Mercruiser I/O; 6 seater with cuddy cabin. Approx use - 300 hrs. Latest CA sticker on her 2005. Last time in water around 2000. Always in freshwater, never in saltwater. Registration kept up each year by widow; came with 2021 stickers. Took Cindy this long to let their "Boat" go, Duke passed 5 years ago; ill for years before. They loved their boat. Till this June at my wife's B-Day party... we never knew she still had it "under wraps".

Needs good clean up and wax job... otherwise it's pretty much like new. Bow hatch window needs replacement [shattered somehow] and new battery. I'll clean out gas tank, refresh oil, ck all fluids, hoses, belts, impeller etc in engine and outdrive, new plugs/wires/ignition-stuff... then fire her up!

Now we have three boats... OMG; are we crazy - about boats yes!! This little beauty is for lake times with our RV! The other two are stored/used in SF Delta.

Keep your eyes and ears open. Ya never know what you might hear in conversation at a party! :dance:

Attachments

• Duke.jpg
    Duke.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 82
Isn’t it great how our financial overlords can greenwash their reputations by giving their loose change to pet charities? I truly do not see how that makes up for hoovering up half of the wealth in the country over the last three decades. There is nothing particularly virtuous about a magnanimous billionaire who deigns to cast pennies to the crowd.
How about we go back to the dystopian hellscape that was the 1950’s when the maximum tax rate was 70% and the middle class was thriving?

so let me understand your rant

You want to bash a guy that helped to bring a product to market that a large percentage of the world daily uses the product to their benefit. He also did it legally, and has given away millions while being seen as a good fair businessman.

The middle class in America is doing fine.. we drive $ 70k suburbans, have boats and airplanes, have cabins and boats, have decent ( but not affordable) healthcare. Life isnt fair.. some win.. some loose some make great choices.. some make bad choices.

If you are a "low income" earner and choose to do drugs and alcohol to solve your problems .. note to self .. your never going anywhere.

Go give the guy that lives on the street $1,000,000 and I would put money on the fact that he drinks or drug's himself to death and doesnt step up and become a active part of society.

HOLLYWOOD

Hi fellow TFers. Thought this an interesting enough story to put in this "Interesting Boat" thread.

"Duke"... You could say... a... Barn Find [actually, undercover... in a barn!]

Deceased Relatives boat [Duke the orig owner, was a great guy]. 1988 19' Blue Water ski/fun boat w/ Mercruiser I/O; 6 seater with cuddy cabin. Approx use - 300 hrs. Latest CA sticker on her 2005. Last time in water around 2000. Always in freshwater, never in saltwater. Registration kept up each year by widow; came with 2021 stickers. Took Cindy this long to let their "Boat" go, Duke passed 5 years ago; ill for years before. They loved their boat. Till this June at my wife's B-Day party... we never knew she still had it "under wraps".

Needs good clean up and wax job... otherwise it's pretty much like new. Bow hatch window needs replacement [shattered somehow] and new battery. I'll clean out gas tank, refresh oil, ck all fluids, hoses, belts, impeller etc in engine and outdrive, new plugs/wires/ignition-stuff... then fire her up!

Now we have three boats... OMG; are we crazy - about boats yes!! This little beauty is for lake times with our RV! The other two are stored/used in SF Delta.

Keep your eyes and ears open. Ya never know what you might hear in conversation at a party! :dance:
Before the internet days, I found similar boats quite frequently in my area. I dunno why I never started a used boat yard. Oh yeah, a 10 on the difficulty meter.

Nice boat and a great find. Congrats. That one will be fun.

Quick stop for the night in Palatka, FL off the St. John's.

TWO notable boats along the riverfront near town - a Dutch canal boat with leeboards and a cool woody....

Attachments

• 20191107_152534.jpg
    20191107_152534.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20191107_145247-1612x907.jpg
    20191107_145247-1612x907.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 98
Quick stop for the night in Palatka, FL off the St. John's.

TWO notable boats along the riverfront near town - a Dutch canal boat with leeboards and a cool woody....

The dude with the canal boat is a TF member but don't recall his handle.

I love those old Dutch sailing barges. My boat is based off a Teign gravel barge and will be built like Luxe Motor barge.

Before the internet days, I found similar boats quite frequently in my area. I dunno why I never started a used boat yard. Oh yeah, a 10 on the difficulty meter.

Yup... If you went big scale on this type of "small boat" thing... for reasons of flipping them in sales... 10 on the difficulty scale for sure!

Also, the difference between purchase price and sales price for small boats such as this just isn't enough to make the "business boat" float.. so to say! Unless you were maybe flipping numerous [like 10 to 15] per month. But, if so, repairs before sale, the dissatisfied customers [for one reason or another] and if a loss was taken on one or more boats = OMG!!!

I'm lucky that this is a special one in the nearly perf condition it's in. Even with that said... there is plenty to do to make sure the engine and outdrive get well serviced before I try starting it up. Other items to accomplish also. The price was way more than right! :dance:

BTW: I have three boats now. Have had as many as four at same time before. I usually try to keep it at two!

Last edited:
Tolly Coastal Cruiser - Not many made.

Attachments

• Tolly Coastal Cruiser CCF05162010_00000.jpg
    Tolly Coastal Cruiser CCF05162010_00000.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 89
Anyone know the origin of the term “Portuguese bridge”? As someone who is Portuguese, I’m curious. FYI, my family can be traced to The Azores.

Wow...What an oddball that one is. Bow looks very rounded. Portuguese bridge too. Good one, Art.

This link shows an artists rendition for sales back in 1977. In addition to being titled Tollycraft Coastal Cruiser it was sometimes called Tollycraft Trawler. Although I've well researched Tollycraft Corp background... this is the only time I noticed the word "trawler" affixed to any Tolly. :popcorn:

It's 37'.

http://www.tolly-classified.com/pics/7737t.gif

Last edited:
Which proves, in my feeble little mind, once you get the hull designed and 'proven', you can put pretty much whatever you want from the rail cap up, within reason.

It's not every day I get to pass somebody! I snapped this the other day on the Hudson. This poor little fella was trying his best, but only making about 4 knots with the current... Anyway, if you don't have a flying bridge, but would like one, just take this approach, and build yourself a treehouse!

Attachments

• IMG_1781.jpg
    IMG_1781.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 127
The Hudson eh? I think I would like to see that. It looks beautiful in the picture. Nice shot.

It's not every day I get to pass somebody! I snapped this the other day on the Hudson. This poor little fella was trying his best, but only making about 4 knots with the current... Anyway, if you don't have a flying bridge, but would like one, just take this approach, and build yourself a treehouse!

Sorry. you are correct.

I am going to look at a Defever 48 next week. It strikes me as one of the only boats that has nearly all significant features in one boat, minus the RPH. Three cabins, two full heads, fly bridge, transom door with great water access, and devilish good looks! I do like the Portuguese RPH, but the ones I am looking at, minus one, all do not have a fly bridge. I like to look around and get some air as long as I have sun protection (bimini, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:

When that barge is loaded with logs, the operator needs to see over the top of the load.

Attachments

• PH1.jpg
    PH1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Can a Uniflite 36DC be an "Interesting Boat"? Take at look at the interior pictures of this one.

"There has been a ridiculous amount of time and money put into ENTRE AMIS...the all new hardwood interior will make you weak in the knees if you like high quality wood and craftsmanship!"

Can a Uniflite 36DC be an "Interesting Boat"? Take at look at the interior pictures of this one.

"There has been a ridiculous amount of time and money put into ENTRE AMIS...the all new hardwood interior will make you weak in the knees if you like high quality wood and craftsmanship!"

interesting is right!, someone spent a fortune in the interior of that boat.. look really clean... but check out that swim platform.. looks like it took the dock with the boat! I bit out of scale.
HOLLYWOOD

Back
Top Bottom