First Cruise of 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rochepoint

Guru
Vessel Name
Roche Point
Vessel Make
1985 Cheer Men PT38 Sedan
Just got home from our first club cruise of 2012. Beautiful sunny weekend with 38 boats attending. Can't wait for the rest of the season!

Attachments

• shakedown cruise.jpg
    shakedown cruise.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 144
Tell me, Mike, where was that picture taken!

Mark, the photo was taken at Maple Bay Marina on Vancouver Island. The cruise took 2 hour each way from Sidney, BC. Great weather but cold at night.

According to the town's website, the place is a paradise.* Leastwise, the waters look well-protected.

Mike that looks awesome!*

This past weekend was our club's first cruise of the year as well, to Jack London Square in Oakland.* It was pretty much rained out and only three or four boats ended up going, CA, USA.* We didn't go there but we were out and about on our boat.* The trip home Sunday ended up being fantastic after a horrible rainy day Saturday.*

How often does your club cruise out?

Hi Jennifer
Our club cruises at least once a month and always with a good turnout. Being in the Canadian Gulf Islands we are lucky to have so many destinations within two hour of running. Next cruise in two weeks is to Port Browning on Pender Island and I wouldn't be surprised to see 50 boats at least attend. PT's rule.......:)

Which club is that Mike?* We're members of Sidney North Saanich and they host a lot of cruises too but your destinations aren't the ones on their agenda.

Hi Bob
It is Capital City Yacht Club, across Blue Heron Basin from Sidney North Saanich Yacht Club.

-- Edited by rochepoint on Tuesday 27th of March 2012 09:02:43 PM

This is a picture of Cove Lady owned by the Gill clan that used to be members of the Capital City Yacht Club. Dayum last time I was by there be after the sheds came down in 98 ? The gills had moved up to a 32 CC that survived but was damaged to a point insurance wrote it off. However Mr Gill rebuilt the old girl after purchasing the old girl back from insurance. Any way nice to see the club is still going strong.

Attachments

• misc_0002.jpg
    misc_0002.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 128
RE: First Cruise of 2012

I wish we were in the water.... but still on the hard for at least a couple of weeks!

Last edited:
At the minimum, one month to splash. :cry:

Boat is fueled, watered and stocked with food for this weekend, a long weekend to boot. We are gone for cruise #2 of 2012. Maybe I will be able to get some photos.....

Boat is fueled, watered and stocked with food for this weekend, a long weekend to boot. We are gone for cruise #2 of 2012. Maybe I will be able to get some photos.....

:thumb:

I'm shopping tonight for our three day weekend trip this weekend. One way (8-9 hours) from home port to temporary "summer" quarters on the Delta. Decided to start summer really early and head up there in April :rofl:

Where are you off to for the weekend?

Hi jennifer
Living in Sidney is a boater paradise, we have a dozen locations within a 2 hours running time. No plans other than see which way the weather and conditions look best. Right now I think it will probably be Montegue Harbour on Galiano Island, it is one of our favorites. Start the motor and back the boat out of the boathouse and the boat can find its own way.:thumb:

Attachments

• Montague.jpg
    Montague.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 118

Hi jennifer
Living in Sidney is a boater paradise, we have a dozen locations within a 2 hours running time. No plans other than see which way the weather and conditions look best. Right now I think it will probably be Montegue Harbour on Galiano Island, it is one of our favorites. Start the motor and back the boat out of the boathouse and the boat can find its own way.:thumb:

Oh my! I want to cruise there.
img_81605_0_78f3c0c69ddfcbee58b3194b54b2cebc.gif

Last edited:
:thumb:

For us it will be the hook somewhere in the Saanich Inlet tomorrow night while our traps fill up with spot prawns, Otter Bay for a SNSYC gathering on the weekend and then across the Strait to Vancouver & points north for a few weeks.

Gotta do my taxes.

:cry:

Launching tomorrow at 1300! :)

Coldest day of the week. :banghead:

Launching tomorrow at 1300! :)

Coldest day of the week. :banghead:

You fair weather boaters kill me. I live in Alaska we had over 500 inches of snow this year. I have been boating all year long less down time for repairs.
Common get out there chip off the ice and go boating.

SD

You fair weather boaters kill me. I live in Alaska we had over 500 inches of snow this year. I have been boating all year long less down time for repairs.

SD

Nah, that's work. I'm into boating for fun and relaxation.

What no adventure in you sole?
SD

SD

Ummm .............. we only boat from Dec to Jun. When the tourists show up on the left coast its time for us to go away.

No anti-freeze in my blood! Fine bourbon notwithstanding.

Esh I'm with you. I'm lucky to have good boating weather year round here but if it did get cold I wouldn't want to be out. I like snow skiing but never go because it is too cold.

To each his own. :angel:

For us it will be the hook somewhere in the Saanich Inlet tomorrow night while our traps fill up with spot prawns, Otter Bay for a SNSYC gathering on the weekend and then across the Strait to Vancouver & points north for a few weeks.

Spot Prawns, a club cruise for the weekend and then two weeks of cruising. I am envious, were are you plan to cruise for the two weeks? Have a great time and save some prawns for the rest of us.:thumb::thumb:

Our itinerary is entirely wind dependant. We'd like to get up to Pender Harbour but don't plan to take any beatings to get there.

Cruise #2

Another wonderful club cruise in the memory books. 34 boats in attendance at Crabby Cruise at Genoa Bay Marina.More crab than you could eat!:thumb:

Attachments

• Crabby Cruise- Genoa Bay.jpg
    Crabby Cruise- Genoa Bay.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom