Wayfarer
Guru

City: Oneida Lake, NY
Vessel Name: Sylphide
Vessel Model: Kingston Aluminum Yacht 44' Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Trom View Post
Where are you headed, Dave? South?

BTW, before I logged on, I clicked on the marina webcam to see your boat, and lo and behold, at 8:43 a.m. (eastern time) I saw you walk down the dock and board your boat. Big smile.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley
Yes'm, south it is. It's getting too damn cold up here! There's snow in the forecast in a few days, and they're rolling up the sidewalks around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgano View Post
Then he is obviously doing everything exactly right!
If only that were the case... lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: One of three remaining there, until Monday Morning.
The most excellent chap aboard the fine looking Marine Trader to my east will be leaving tomorrow morning. I was hoping to get underway and buddy boat along with him, but it looks like I'll need another day to finish up some projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O C Diver View Post
Dave, don't know if you have an inverter or not. As a backup plan, buy an electric blanket (twin size) to act as a comforter under another blanket. You probably will never use it above settings 1 or 2 and the power consumption at those settings is around 20 to 40 watts. They work very nicely off a cheap modified sine wave inverter drawing a few amps when at anchor.

Ted
Excellent idea, sir. I do have a 2500 watt inverter, and this boat is actually better set up for cold weather cruising than hot. The propane forced air furnace is keeping up nicely, even when it's gotten down into the thirties. That's a good solution as a backup though.