Lighted Boat Parade La Conner WA. Dec 7th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonR

Guru
Vessel Name
Triton
Vessel Make
48' Golden Egg Harbor
We are headed out of Everett to La Conner around 9am Saturday Dec 7th and are staying up on the F dock at La Conner if there is room. Anyone else attending the Lighted Christmas Boat Parade? We are not participating, just watching and enjoying a good meal at one of the local restaurants. We will head back to Everett on Sunday after a visit to Calico Cupboard for breakfast.

Attachments

• egg3.jpg
    egg3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 71
And if the weather is not in favor of us making our way North, we will just tie up at the Guest Dock in Everett as the Everett Lighted Boat Parade is the same day.

Alright, I may need to take this post down. And I am kind of bummed, we have watched the Boat Parade in La Conner for a few years now and thought this would be our first year in a boat watching it. Planning on participating next year when we have a steady power supply!

We called the La Conner Marina, they stated the F Dock is for boats in the Parade only. And the G dock is full from the ongoing dredging project. So as of right now I do not know where we could tie up with Power for the night and view the Lighted boat Parade. Looks like we may just stick to Everett.

You could always watch them as before and drawn your sorrows with baked goods from Calico Cupboard.

Or maybe throw some lights on your boat, borrow a small generator if you don't have a generator and join the parade.

Or, how about Seattle, they must have something, and possibly a place to watch.

Or if you are retired and looking for adventure, go to Vancouver where they have numerous Christmas Carol ship events. Below is a partial schedule of last year and if you look you will see on Dec 15, the boats go to Deep Cove where I lived for 35 years. And for all those 35 years, we threw a large party, first dinner at our house, then walked down to the Cove to see the ships and boats, then over to the bon fire and choir, then to the small shops, then back home for desserts. You can definitely anchor your boat in Deep Cove and watch the festivities.

https://vancouversbestplaces.com/events-calendar/festivals-and-events/vancouver-carol-ships-parades/ [Remember, this is 2018 schedule]

Yet another plan, come up to Vancouver and book through the Charter ships doing the Carol ship nights. The one I have linked has a cruise/dinner for roughly $100 Canadian, but remember that is only $70 American. Come up for a couple of nights and do some Xmas shopping. There is a great Christmas Arts and Crafts show right downtown in the Convention center along the water.

https://boatcruises.com/cruises/car..._5YCZr8TTIRenBVeT1KRKqu2M67TW-MUaAsH_EALw_wcB

We firmed up a spot in Everett to watch, rumor is you need to be a club member to participate. I need to look into joining one of them.

We've participated in many of the local boat parades over the years. My understanding is that these parades are typically coordinated by local clubs, and they may even ask for registration, there's really no need to be a member or register. Just show up in your hideously lit up boat and enjoy!

I'll be doing the big Christmas Ships parade on Lake Union on the 13th, although I'll be doing the sailboat not the tug. As suggested above, I strap my little Honda generator onto the bow and string up a ridiculous amount of lights. Fill the boat with friends and family, a blast to be had by all!

Well we ended up in Everett after it was all said and done. We had a great time watching the parade of lighted boats. I think there were a little over 20 boats. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• Egg9.jpg
    Egg9.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 48
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 55
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 55
And this one was our boats favorite as all the little kids noticed that Santa was driving !

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 54
I love Xmas boat parades, so coastal. I was tempted to say West Coast, are there parades out east?

I love Xmas boat parades, so coastal. I was tempted to say West Coast, are there parades out east?

I have seen pictures of huge boat parades down in FL.

Just read your post Ronr. I am pretty late but in the future the LaConner Yacht Club has 250 foot of reciprocal moorage arraigned with the town for visiting clubs. The moorage is in the middle of town, unfortunately no power..

Just read your post Ronr. I am pretty late but in the future the LaConner Yacht Club has 250 foot of reciprocal moorage arraigned with the town for visiting clubs. The moorage is in the middle of town, unfortunately no power..

At this time it was closed for public use, as they are in the middle of a dredging project and moved many of the slip boats to the dock. Next year we plan on attending. That said, the Everett one was a good time!

At this time it was closed for public use, as they are in the middle of a dredging project and moved many of the slip boats to the dock. Next year we plan on attending. That said, the Everett one was a good time!

LYC moorage is open. It is not associated with the Port of Skagit in any way...

Back
Top Bottom