Best deal EVER on a NEW external bow thruster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pau Hana

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Pau Hana
Vessel Make
1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Last edited:
That is a dual thruster that they are selling for less than a single thruster??? That is a smoking deal. I don’t have room for a dual or I would have ordered it already.

Are you sure you don't have room? Overall dimensions are not all that large (16" center to center for the main posts, 42.5" length overall).

If I remove my water tank I would have room...

You could fab up a frame to mount it perpendicular to the keel line. Think powered Hammerhead Shark head :D

That’s a neat solution. Too bad I’m so hesitant to add depth to my draft. I already bump around in the shallows with my skinny draft. I’d probably ruin it the first time I went gunk-holing. Spiffy device though.

I already bump around in the shallows with my skinny draft. I’d probably ruin it the first time I went gunk-holing. Spiffy device though.

Time for forward looking sonar. We do a lot of gunkholing here in British Columbia coastal waters and forward looking sonar is slowly making its way into boat owners heart. There are actually some areas in BC that are still poorly charted and forward sonar is recommended for safety reasons. The upper Western side of Haida Gwaii is one of those areas but the Broughtons in some locations should be approached "gingerly."

Back
Top Bottom