View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 06:46 PM   #406
O C Diver
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in Crisfield, MD
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Well it's been some stops and starts between the weather and an 80 year old bridge. Was planning to take the Dismal Swamp canal to Elizabeth city on Monday, but an 80 year old bridge at the South Mill lock, broke almost closed. So neither car or boat traffic could get past it. On Sunday it was determined that Maybe it would be fixed on Monday. Ended up coming back out of the Swamp Sunday and got to Great Bridge to take the Albemarle Chesapeake canal. Missed dinner at Cypress Creek Grill in Elizabeth city. Monday wasn't to bad, but Tuesday was a virtual traffic jam on the AICW. Actually, everything moved smoothly, but just more boats traveling on it than I have ever seen. Spent last night in hmason's secret anchorage in Oriental NC. Had dinner at M & M's. If you find yourself in Oriental, the food is great and extremely reasonable.

Today had me transiting between Oriental and Mile Hammock (anchorage next to Camp Lejeun). Pictures for today:

Does this 25'+ center console that I'm towing down the AICW at 10 knots make me look big? He actually did a very professional job including passing a few sailboats in the river section.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191024_071853.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	95699

If you anchor in Mile Hammock, plan to be the landing approach for the Ospreys. Quite the show this afternoon.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191024_163837.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	95700

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote