A Ranger Tugs riddle.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

What kind of "family" promises you responsiveness, knowingly omits specific information in a phone conversation concerning a greater than $200,000 purchase of one of its products in a full 20 minute phone conversation, does not keep promises made in writing, stops responding to emails, and takes no responsibility for any defect in product or mistakes made by it's franchisees?

Disappointing and sad beyond belief.

Shame on Ranger Tugs.

I never liked or agreed with Ranger tugs use of colored shadow boards behind their nav lights.... shows they have no clue. :)

Being specific would be more helpful in this kind of complaining thread. You can search and find a video made against the quality of a Nordhaven build but I also know if that video were shown on the trawler forum many owners would come forward with praise for the company.

Its difficult to know if you are being petty or you have legitimate complaints. Its difficult to know if their response is due to your anger venting in inappropriate ways or are they genuinely ducking the problem?

Too many vagaries to in a complaint that contains no real specifics.

Not really intended to be specific for now.

They will be motivated to do the right thing by a large and long lasting campaign like this. Many specifics will come if they do not do the right thing.

I for one will not participate in your campaign. I have found that these kind of rants/vents with little specifics are generally worthless.

David

Last edited:
Sorry you feel that way, I don't like it either.

Investing as much as we have and being lied to as we have been leaves me little else to do but address them in this way.

Your participation is not required.

Greetings,
Mr. JR. Sounds like you're trying a bit of blackmail at TF's expense (fix it OR I'll blab). You might be much further ahead to fully state your case on TF and then allow Ranger to refute or remain silent. IF such a move does indeed cause Ranger to fix all your problems THEN you can come back on TF and advise the members of the lengths that Ranger went to to make you happy.

I will not participate either.

To make it clear and stick to facts I'd suggest you post any / all letters sent to Ranger or their dealer and also post their replies. Only hearing one side is less than desirable in many of these rants.

How about leveling the playing field by identifying yourself by your real name. This would make your rant a lot more credible to me. Really gets under my skin when people blast a company or individual by name while hiding behind a screen name.

John

Seems to me that if you have specific issues, you need to state them.

Sort of that it’s just bitching, and given the great looking boats and happy owners I have seen on the dock, it certainly needs some substance to be believable.

A response from Ranger Tugs.

Mr. & Mrs. Rogers,

I’m sorry that you have felt the need to take your issues publicly. We are a straight forward and honest company that have managed to keep many owners happy over the years. Unfortunately, we are left in a position that doesn’t always create the most positive outcome. You purchased a vessel that was four years old from a private broker on the east coast. You flew out, inspected the boat, declined a survey (even when the broker instructed you to have one done) and have now found issues with the boat you purchased.

When you purchase something used that you know has no warranty you do have to take some responsibility and understand that there will be items that you may have to address on your own. As we offered you, we are happy to provide you with any parts at cost, technical assistance or instruction you need in getting the boat you purchased up to expectations.

Thank you for posting,
Andrew Custis
Ranger Tugs & Cutwater Boats
andrewcustis@rangertugs.com

This is from the Community Rules:

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom