Lookint To Install Smoke And CO2 Detectors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kartracer

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V LUNASEA
Vessel Make
45ft Bluewater Coastal
Want to install detectors on boat, battery operated not hard wired. Looked on line price from $120 to $40, I know you should not put a price on safety. Any ideas on what others use. Where should they be placed, directly in engine room or in salon ETC.

Want to install detectors on boat, battery operated not hard wired. Looked on line price from $120 to $40, I know you should not put a price on safety. Any ideas on what others use. Where should they be placed, directly in engine room or in salon ETC.
I would do them the same as a house and put one in the engine room and any other area where electrical or fuel sources are. I'd use the ones that are linked. You may not be able to hear the one that goes off that may be away from where you are. If they are linked, they all go off and alert you to a problem.

https://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-...3465a579cc5924548fcb1413b38961&language=en_US

I and I believe some others here have used the First Alert wireless connected smoke alarms. They're easy to set up and work great.

Ken

I used First Alert. They have smoke and CO detectors that link wirelessly. The CO detector will alarm at the end of life also.

Back
Top Bottom