It's done, closed on a 1990 48 Californian MY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Brockerts

Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
1990 Californian/Carver 48 MY
After 16 flights, 5 surveys, about one year of looking, I'm sleeping on my boat tonight. More to come in the next days, but I did find some of the original manuals that I will get scanned and uploaded.

The Brockerts

Congratulations! Add pictures please. And why 5 surveys? Different boats?

Congrats on your new boat. Now we need photos...

5 surveys, each on a different boat, this was the only on that made it all the way to haulout and back, A some point in its life the boat had a very good owner who had the interior professionaly done and took car of it. The current owner didn't tame care of it but I got it before he did serious damage

The Brockerts

Attachments

• 58655775669__F446BB48-FF9D-4A59-9285-6AA53EA14CF3.JPG
    58655775669__F446BB48-FF9D-4A59-9285-6AA53EA14CF3.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3180.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3390.jpg
    IMG_3390.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3392.jpg
    IMG_3392.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3396.jpg
    IMG_3396.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 83
The photos look nice even with the dreaded sideways posting. I hate it when it does that and I never know when it will. Have fun with your new baby.

She looks great! Lots of room and storage on those 48's.

Do you have Cats?

Congrats on a beauty.

Sideways, yep, going to have to figure that out, because they look fine on my desktop and everywhere else. So everyone else is have that problem too? and it's random ?

Yes, this 48 Californian had the 3208 375hp's.

The bimini top is a material I can identify yet, and the poles and fitting area all 1 in stainless steel, not the usual aluminium.

Here is a test of pictures and rotation

Comments after post. Interesting, I edited each picture and rotated one to the right and another one to the left, and left one straight up....and they all came out the same, go figure that one out !

Attachments

• rotateleft.jpg
    rotateleft.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 58
  • rotateright.jpg
    rotateright.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 56
  • straightup.jpg
    straightup.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Sideways, yep, going to have to figure that out, because they look fine on my desktop and everywhere else. So everyone else is have that problem too? and it's random ?

Here is a test of pictures and rotation

Comments after post. Interesting, I edited each picture and rotated one to the right and another one to the left, and left one straight up....and they all came out the same, go figure that one out !

Did you use a phone to take the pics? Did you hold it in landscape or portrait orientation? I understand that may be the key. This won't help with these, but your next pics can be the real test.

I can’t figure out why they post sideways or upside down. It doesn’t seem to matter what I do, I can edit them and rotate them and they still come out wrong.

We're one month post closing on an '87 48 Californian. We could almost be twins...
Congrats!07

Here you are, beautiful boat!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Just downloaded them to my Mac and reorientated them, re-saving them rewrites the "EXIF orientation values". Some devices don't seem do a good job of doing that in the first place. I get this a lot when members take photos on their smart phones for publication on our clubs website so now I do it automatically before I publish them......:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Thanks for the fix on the pictures. The windows package that I used didn't change the "EXIF" correctly I'm guessing. The Admiral, a graphic artiest, will watch over my pictures uploads from now on :) !

The Brockerts

Congratulations!

Looks bigger than 48, nice good luck with it

Back
Top Bottom