Newport Beach OA first look help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
I am looking at flying into Californian and renting a car, however with the recent let down of neglected boats I am hopeful someone on the forum that is an experienced yachtsman would be willing to give a boat a once over for my family. I have looked over a handful of boats and more of them having been neglected, rusty little buckets and tens of thousands of dollars in needed repairs have kept us from the waters. I'll post a link to the boat. Just really looking for about a thirty minute walk through to make sure this is worth any further consideration.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1995/ocean-alexander-classico-3559746/

Feel free to respond via email, phone or this thread.

In Advance a big thanks!
Bryrick, bshillam@hotmail.com 503-781-9967

Have you called the broker and asked how old the pictures are? Could also maybe get some references for a buyers broker for that area and have them look at it.

You would think so, we reached out to a surveyor that wasn't interested. Not sure why not because it would have turned into a full blown survey in the event we moved forward.

I am going to be in SoCal all this coming week, mostly LA proper. There's a chance I could go by there on Thursday afternoon on my way back from a meeting in San Diego or Saturday morning maybe. Feel free to PM me the relevant info.

OA48:
Nice boat-I looked at a couple in FL 2 yrs ago. Beware the gelcoat crazing that some are afflicted with. It can be extensive but is obvious.

Had a great conversation yesterday with another trawler forum member. Afterwards I couldn't agree more, let the listing broker fill in some blanks. So off went a list of questions to be answered. I actually sent the same list of questions to four different brokers through my broker. Most of which were mechanical in nature but there were several in there having to do with gel coat and other cosmetic issues. As we know 20 year old boats it's all about maintenance and most of those questions were maintenance related.

Back
Top Bottom