Newby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HI all. New member here from Vancouver island Canada. Currently in the market for a boat. I've been looking at a CHB 34 sedan. Needs quite a bit of exterior work but is mechanically sound. Looks like good info here to get started.
I'm a diesel mechanic with a passion for the sea. Hope I can learn a few things here! Thanks for adding me!

Welcome aboard. Always nice to have another mechanic to give us advice.

Welcome to the hole in the water club!

I own a boat similar to what you are Jonesing for, but built in BC.

Check over the topsides and deck for rot & soft spots, look everywhere you can, corners of window frames, overhead, etc. Even better, do some inspection while its raining a lot. If the bilge is dry during a storm, that's a good sign.

Hope you get a good deal that you can finish up without too many "boat bucks."

Have fun!

HI all. New member here from Vancouver island Canada. Currently in the market for a boat. I've been looking at a CHB 34 sedan. Needs quite a bit of exterior work but is mechanically sound. Looks like good info here to get started.
I'm a diesel mechanic with a passion for the sea. Hope I can learn a few things here! Thanks for adding me!

Yes, indeed, welcome aboard the board. As you will see under my avatar, I owned a '75 model of the same vessel you are looking out. There will be a bit of work to be done - always is - but I enjoyed the refurbishing as much as the actual boating, and we owned her for 16 years. They make a great boat to enjoy, and can handle most anything within reason. Good luck with you search.:)

Back
Top Bottom