View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #14
diver dave
Guru
 
City: Fairport, NY and Palm Coast, FL
Country: United States
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,742
GPS advertised as 95% confidence in a 7 to 8 meter position. A lot of times, you will hit closer to 3 meters. So far so good. But.. what happens to the other 5%? Does your built in CP anchor alarm weed out that 5%? What exactly is the algorithm to prevent a single 15 meter fix from being used to false the alarm? I don't have all these answers, but these are the kinds of things to understand. And, what if I forget to set the alarm during the initial anchor drop? If I wait until the boat rides out on the hook, my center point of the fence is now 100' offset. And, who is going to drive up their boat to get a better fix above an already set anchor? no one. All part of the use case equation.
diver dave is offline   Reply With Quote