View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #19
Chrisjs
Guru

When we first got our (used) Selene 47, we discovered the holding tank vent was blocked because the tank began to expand like a balloon as we pumped more stuff (!!) into it.
Problem was identified after tank expansion raised deck floor slightly to make shutting head door difficult and squashed depth sounder cables affecting instrument read-outs. We got it just in time!!! Could have been shit load worse!! The original vent was way too small, bronze and had a right angle bend.

I guess your tank just got so full that pumping more into it just fed the contents up the vent line all the way 8ft up to the inboard Portugueses bridge air vent outlet.

It is quite easy to adjust the "floats" in the level gauge so that "FULL" does not mean "REALLY VERY COMPLETELY FULL". If similar to mine, you do need to open the tank to do it but not too messy if you flush well and add bleach before hand.

Finally, my experience with the Selene Tecma was that if anything it added more water than necessary, so no need to over flush.
Chrisjs is offline   Reply With Quote