"Trawler Discussions"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conrad

Guru
Vessel Name
Blue Sky
Vessel Make
Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Just wanted to say that I find the "Trawler Discussions" window on the right side of the page very very useful. I can quickly see all of the highlighted/unread discussions, read the ones I'm interested in, and then go down the page and mark everything as read. Very slick.

I am glad you like it. It will also "jump" you to the first unread post in the discussions which is a nice feature.

Thanks again for the positive feedback!

I 2nd that. A very nice feature.

Or, you can make it go away and have the thread text use the whole page.

Just wanted to say that I find the "Trawler Discussions" window on the right side of the page very very useful. I can quickly see all of the highlighted/unread discussions, read the ones I'm interested in, and then go down the page and mark everything as read. Very slick.

Ditto!

Yes, I have to agree the new software seems to be well developed and thought out. Good job, thanks.................Arctic Traveller

Trawler training at www.arctictraveller.com

Or, you can make it go away and have the thread text use the whole page.
You all find all the options so fast! For those that prefer to NOT have a right hand column, you can turn it off from the UserCP >> Options page. Here is a link for your convenience:
http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

We have found that the right hand column increases engagement as people post and then go to the right to find another discussion to view. When you add a lot of these little things together it helps make the community more vibrant and people like to hang out at communities where stuff is going on...

Yes, that is a handy feature to have. Nice job on the transition to the new software Tech team!!

On the old forum, I had my iGoogle home page displaying TF RSS feed with the latest posts displayed on my homepage. It was nice to be able to view new posts on my iGoogle homepage.

Now I look at this page for a summary of today's posts.

Will TF reinstate the RSS Feed?

When do you expect the new Android app to be ready for public consumption?

Good question, my Crackberry isn't being used much these days and viewing the full page forum isn't bad on the iPad but hard to see on the Smartphone.. Just waiting patiently for it to come...:oldman:

Good question, my Crackberry isn't being used much these days and viewing the full page forum isn't bad on the iPad but hard to see on the Smartphone.. Just waiting patiently for it to come...:oldman:

:iagree: Kinda patiently waiting :popcorn:

Will TF reinstate the RSS Feed?
Yes, I will get it turned on this next week through Feedburner.
The Android & iOS (iPhone and iPad) will be available within a couple weeks. I already sent an email to the developer asking for an update and should know more soon.

I'll chime in - I like the discussions menu also. At first I thought, fooey, then realized it helps a lot to scan the new posts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom