Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #23
ksanders
Moderator Emeritus

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: DOS PECES
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfoster View Post
Ksanders. That is a every good point. 6 to 8 people on board beside my wife and I on week trips. Long trip 4 to with my wife and I. 3 state rooms plus a crew cabin that sleeps 2 and one of state room that will sleep 3 if needed. The one of the reason why I want the Fleming is that bill it as a couples vessel. Easy to handle for a couple as they say. With it's low profile and the test runs I have made with a F-75 we had no trouble handling the 75 with just the 2 of use. Docking and all. As far as a full time crew. No.. The day we cannot handle her is the day we go back to dirt.. LOL we both are 50 so I do not see that happening for sometime Knock on teck wood! lol

My wife and I are both hard workers.. So activies will be working the vessel and taking care of her during the day... Night time is kick back and relax and enjoy the furits of a hard days work.. Thanks for your input

Good, then you've thought it out. Thats a recipe for happy boating.

One thing you'll need to outfit the boat is satellite communications.

We went with the KVH systems model V3. This gives us telephone and internet anywhere in the world. We have a US based number so folks can reach us easily.

Onboard we have both wired and cordless phones tied to the system. Our internet is both wired and wi-fi. That is a very nice feature. We get around 2MB download speeds, but upload is limited to 128K

For a boat that large I'd recommend either the V3 or the larger version being the V7. With the V7 you get the same upload speed as the download.

Either way KVH support is great. They have a 24X7 staffed NOCC, and can remote in to your unit any time to run system checks etc... They also have repair technicians world wide to fix it if it breaks.
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote