Bought a Kadey Krogen 54

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
FORTITUDE
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 54-8
So we went all in; sold the house and bought a Kadey Krogen 54 (hull #8). Truly a dream boat for us as we plan our next adventures.

If everything goes as planned we'll close on Nov 1 and take delivery that weekend. The refit begins on Nov 2nd as while she's very sound overall like all boats we have some "must do", "want to do" and "like to do" items.

The plan is to refit for a year while we cruise the PNW getting her ready for a big shakedown cruise to Alaska in 2021. She already came around to the PNW from the East Coast of the US on her own bottom so we're excited to bring her up to modern standards and take her and us farther and further.

Attachments

• KK540Fortitude.jpg
    KK540Fortitude.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 391
  • 59103917612__CEC3F773-7A6E-4B0B-8333-556F6DA2F14A.jpg
    59103917612__CEC3F773-7A6E-4B0B-8333-556F6DA2F14A.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 59104056778__AFFCF7A9-1E40-4387-9F0A-6BAD9DEF258C 3.jpg
    59104056778__AFFCF7A9-1E40-4387-9F0A-6BAD9DEF258C 3.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Suggest you contact Arthur C if you've not already done so. He did a major refit on his KK 54 and is likely a preeminent source of how and what to information.

Enjoy your new boat, she is a beaut!
Cheers

Suggest you contact Arthur C if you've not already done so. He did a major refit on his KK 54 and is likely a preeminent source of how and what to information.

Thanks sunchaser. We connected months ago, his insight has been invaluable throughout the process. Same with Paul on Ursa Major.

Last edited:
Oh man that’s one sweet ride. Congratulations.

Canoe Stern!

Congratulations and looking forward to your new adventures. :thumb:

Congratulations! Those are sweet boats.

The KK 54' is our dream boat, congrats.
Keep us informed as we drool over your posts, lol

Wow Steve, you did go all in. Congratuations.

Beautiful boat!

We almost did the same thing in the 90's. Krogens were selling boats deeply discounted during the luxury tax of the early 90's. Spent a year getting the house ready to sell and finally listed in January 1992. President Bush repealed the tax in February and the price of the Krogen doubled. We looked for used Krogens and was unsuccessful at finding one without core issues.

Will miss your Bluewater Pilothouse projects and postings on Facebook and here.

Wow Steve, you did go all in. Congratuations.

Beautiful boat!

We almost did the same thing in the 90's. Krogens were selling boats deeply discounted during the luxury tax of the early 90's. Spent a year getting the house ready to sell and finally listed in January 1992. President Bush repealed the tax in February and the price of the Krogen doubled. We looked for used Krogens and was unsuccessful at finding one without core issues.

Will miss your Bluewater Pilothouse projects and postings on Facebook and here.

Thank you!

We think we found a great new owner for the Bluewater. Hopefully the project posts will continue...and we'll have plenty new projects to post about!

enjoy the boat and all the experiences it brings.

Well then, I guess you won’t be talking to us folks under 45 ft.. Great boat! Keep us up to date on your refit!

Congratulations! We are a few years behind you, and moving forward smartly! Enjoy and do keep us informed.

Jim L

Congrats on your new baby. She is beautiful. Are you going to bring her back to this side?

Well then, I guess you won’t be talking to us folks under 45 ft.. Great boat! Keep us up to date on your refit!

I find the folks who own under 45 have a strong DIY spirit. We just have more fiberglass under us than before . ;)

We'll be updating the blog regarding the refit as soon as the dust settles and we can relax for a second.

Congrats on your new baby. She is beautiful. Are you going to bring her back to this side?

Eventually. For now we have a short delivery run to Lake Union and lots of time her in the PNW to figure her out...once we get her ready and us ready we've talked a lot about the Big U. Lot's of family in NE.

Awesome! Enjoy the new experience.

One of my all time favorite boats!

BIG congratulations!

Wow, beautiful vessel, talk about a clean sheet to start your cruising dreams on, all the best!

Can we go pick her up yet? :speed boat:

Thanks all. We're excited.

larrypolster, welcome. I've read and re-read that article and every other one I could find on the venerable KK54. They are quite an amazing vessel.

Wow, great boat! KK's are predictably on our list for our next boat; enjoy

Bw40?

Steven,
Congrats, hope we can see her about on Puget Sound.
What's become of Fortitude? If you've sold her please have the new owners contact me regarding future BW rendezvous. Thanks.
Keith B
"Ceora", '79 40' BW

Back
Top Bottom