Old 10-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
O C Diver
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in Crisfield, MD
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidlyon View Post
Has anyone ever installed a new throttle cable that is connected to the Teleflex CH5600 control head? Is it as simple as attaching the new cable where the old one is? The control head looks complicated and I am not sure how to access the cable attachment site.
After a quick look at the diaphragm, it appears to be the same procedure as most of the Teleflex controls.

Have your cell phone (or other camera) handy. Take pictures so you won't forget anything. Unless there's lots under your helm, you will want to remove the top cover and then unfasten the works from the top of the helm. This makes it much easier to disconnect the cables. On many installations there won't be enough slack in the cables to pull the works above the helm. To overcome this, first disconnect the engine and transmission connections and any clamps holding the cables between the engine room and the helm. I can't stress enough, take lots of pictures before you start disconnecting stuff. When you work on the helm control, do only one cable at a time (less parts to loose and confuse). When you disconnect one cable, you should be able to pull the new one through by taping it to the old cable.

Good Luck!

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote