100’ Azimut Stolen in Ft. Lauderdale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikala

Vessel Name
Mikala
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
Saw this on FB. Anyone have any details?

FB entry:

100’ Azimut M/Y Reflection missing! Capt reportedly armed and dangerous. Report any sighting ASAP. We’ll take it from there. Large reward for info leading to recovery. Left Fort Lauderdale New River and we think it’s headed to Miami before heading out of the country tomorrow.

IMG_0786.JPG

I am going to bet on Repo.

Trying to outrun the mortgage ?

You guys nailed it. Although I do suppose it happens I can't imagine a boat (ship) such as this being stolen. Especially in U.S.A. Even headed to the islands or Cuba, too easily recognized. It can't be made to just disappear.

In Northern Wisconsin whenever an expensive piece of equipment, usually logging equipment, became "upside down" there is usually a fire far back in the woods. I hope this boat does not suffer a similar fate.

pete

The Captain is armed and dangerous? Did the Captain steal the boat at gun point?

LOL Could be a wife trying to find her wandering husband and his bimbo??
Or perhaps, the boat is part of a divorce settlement?

I am going to bet on Repo.

My thoughts exactly.

Or the charter crew is not getting paid, and are doing some moonlighting for cash. After all, it is 'missing', not 'stolen'. The bit about 'we'll take it from there' is also odd. Normally an owner would get some LEO's involved......

Last edited:
Maybe they are filming a new season of Below Deck???

Back
Top Bottom