cardude01
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Mr. c01. I wish you the best in your endeavors but why not get a tow back from Boat US(?) as suggested?

I’m reserving the tow idea for an emergency. I don’t *think* I will be in a must have tow situation from what I’ve gathered so far, but maybe that changes once I get there and see with my own eyes.

My plan is to take two days to get from GTC to West End and stop at that marina (or just anchor in the basin maybe) and wait on a good window to cross. I’ve done the trip from GTC to West End a few times now and that leg doesn’t really worry me too bad as long as I don’t get caught in a front.

I am a little bit worried about crossing the GS with the boat somewhat disabled, and after I get to West End I might rethink the tow idea. I figure I can wait for a really good weather window to cross for as long as I have food and water so hopefully I won’t get antsy. However, I’ve never tried to cross during the fall (only in summer months) so I really don’t have any experience waiting like this. How long could I wait? I will have to pack lots of canned food— as much as they will let me take on the flight over. I need some lighter non-perishable food ideas however. Can stuff is heavy.
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote