View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 12:35 PM   #10
SeaBreeze

City: Va Beach
Vessel Name: SeaShell
Vessel Model: 1974 Marine Trader 34 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
Seabum I was just working on my installation last night. I have secured the first of 3 120 watt panels to my canvas rear deck awning. I didn't want to sew in velcro flaps or install grommets. I saw a kit that was nothing more than m10 stainless bolts (3/4") 1.5 inch rubber flat washers, 1" stainless washers, nut, and nylock nuts. I marked my panels on the canvas and took a hot soldering iron to melt holes through the sunbrella at each panel grommet point. I then assembled each bolt as a mounting post in the following order: underside of canvas - bolt, 1" washer, 1.5" rubber washer; insert through canvas from underneath. On the upper side, place the 1.5" rubber washer on the bolt, then the stainless washer, then the nut, and tighten firmly. Next put the panel on the the post extending through the grommet, add 1" flat washer, and nylock stainless nut. Tighten. The rubber washers sandwich the canvas and it is extremely secure.

this is the installation kit I was talking about. I recommend adding a second rubber washer and a third stainless fender washer. Works great!
https://www.amazon.com/Custom-Marine...KCPNM2Y93S7BVY
SeaBreeze is online now   Reply With Quote