View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:37 AM   #89
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
I'm piling on now.

It's my understanding that if you're documented there are plenty of places that you have to be state registered.

They're not supposed to give you a title, however they do because they have no clue what the US Coast Guard is about and what the US Coast Guard does. New Jersey gave me something that seems like a title ,maybe it's not but just looks like one, and I told him they're not supposed to .....they really don't care.

Sending the title to the Coast Guard would probably be the proper thing but good luck with that.

When I went to register my boat the HIN number on the Coast Guard documentation was missing two letters or numbers and the state refused to register the boat. So they were out the sales tax for almost a year until the Coast Guard sent me a new documentation with the correct HIN number. I asked why the DMV would not contact the Coast Guard and they said "we don't do that."

As to saying something on formums for years .... doesn't make you right just makes you consistent. Usually if you post links that clearly explain your point it helps ... when others post links that clearly explain your point is incorrect .....that doesn't help so much.
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote