Hull cleaning videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fstbttms

Guru
In another thread here, a forum user who shall remain nameless <cough>Art<cough> :D voiced his opinion about the realities of in-water hull cleaning. I corrected him there and it is not my intention to start another argument in this thread. But I think some of the videos I have made will shed some light on exactly what constitutes proper hull maintenance and you just might find them enjoyable as well. Watch 'em in Hi Def!

Forum Version Hull Cleaning Hunter 41 Part 1 1.6.11.MP4 - YouTube

Forum Version Hull Cleaning Hunter 41 Part 2 1.6.11.MP4 - YouTube

Last edited:
That was AWESOME!

Gonna have to call you out on "dezincification" though :p

Just food for thought. You could easily offer a video tape of a cleaning to a customer. I'd love to have one of mine. Although, the Neuse River is a tad (... much...) more murky and the results may not be as effective.

Anyway, thanks for posting this. The music itself was worth the price of admission. Now I know what goes on down there. Looks like fun, actually.

Tom-

Gonna have to call you out on "dezincification" though :p
Thanks for the kind words, but please elaborate on this. Please don't tell me that you think dezincification of bronze is something I made up.

Last edited:
FB - Real nice videos, congrats on the clear shoot and thanks for a couple fun films! Never said you didn't clean bottoms well or change anodes correctly. The point I maintain (seemingly different to your belief) is that zinc works well being a fresh water anode as long as its surface is maintained wire brushed clean. Your videos well represent what I have often seen and accomplished (not thousands of times like you) starting in early 1960's under private and commercial boats. Still ofetn do same under my boat... great relaxation... looks like you are having fun under there too! Cheers, Art :cool: :D

Thanks for the kind words, but please elaborate on this. Please don't tell me that you think dezincification of bronze is something I made up.

Only wondering if it is a real word or not (yes, I'm too lazy to look it up) or one you just made up :D

Well... I'll be. It appears it IS a real word. I sit corrected.

Back
Top Bottom