View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #15
syjos
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Sandpiper
Vessel Model: Bluewater 40 Pilothouse Trawler
I also recommend a Scandvik hand shower. It shuts completely off when the lever is released.

If possible, move the hot water tank close to the primary shower to reduce long hose runs so less water is wasted waiting for the water to get hot. Insulating the hot hose will maintain temperature longer.

I have a circulation pump in the hot water line that I run before a shower. It allows the water from the water heater to the shower valve to be warmed prior to use.

I installed a Grohe GrohTherm 1000 Thermostatic Shower Valve in the shower. I set the temperature and it thermostaticallly controls output temperature accurately. There are other temperature compensated shower valves out there but most use pressure differential to control temp instead of a thermostat which doesn't work well with pulsating pumps. Other faucetts on the boat can be used while someone showers without temperature fluctuations.

And finally, replace the shower curtain with glass doors. Lot easier to keep clean, faster drying easier in and out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81Htb+HPm0L._AC_SX679_.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	94917  
syjos is offline   Reply With Quote