Just started shopping for the next boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya, we don't know what we are looking for is the problem.
But its not a bad problem to have..

Nope, we live in Lake Stevens, but each work in Everett.
But please explain, we may have a work around to get on the short list?

When we were looking for moorage recently we found that most marinas owned by a port district gave preference to applicants who lived within their port district. Such applicants would be placed on the waiting list ahead of those who did not live within the port district.

When we were looking for moorage recently we found that most marinas owned by a port district gave preference to applicants who lived within their port district. Such applicants would be placed on the waiting list ahead of those who did not live within the port district.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so it is time to move then.

Thank you everyone, we ended up buying an Egg Harbor. Wife and I each made compromises. I got a boat, she got something with a lot of windows and open space.

1971 Egg Harbor 33’

Attachments

• D381822B-BDB5-4644-A141-A9D5BFAF3389.jpg
    D381822B-BDB5-4644-A141-A9D5BFAF3389.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 57
Congratulations on the new boat!

Very classic lines and a very fine looking vessel! :thumb:

Jim

I should re-word it, we are in the process of buying, survey is on the 5th of September. I think it will be just fine, but there is a reason you hire a pro!

1971 Egg Harbor 33'
I don't consider it a Trawler, but ya got to walk before you run... or something like that.

Attachments

• egg3.jpg
    egg3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 76
1971 Egg Harbor 33'
I don't consider it a Trawler, but ya got to walk before you run... or something like that.

Uh, in this case maybe it's running before crawling.

You don't see a lot of that style boat with dink davits aft like that. Looks like a good setup to go cruise but not so much for fishing. You can just leave it behind for fishing days.

You don't see a lot of that style boat with dink davits aft like that. Looks like a good setup to go cruise but not so much for fishing. You can just leave it behind for fishing days.

We plan on leaving it at the dock when we head out to fish for Halibut. And we will pull the back top off as well. Other than that we just do a little light crabbing and plan on a bunch of Island hopping!

The dink is heavy, were wondering if were better off towing it, or stowing it while on a 3 hour cruze !

And about a year later we are looking at another boat !

Same make/style, just a few years newer, diesel, few feet longer.

Last edited:
Go for more than 2 feet bigger and skip selling it and buying one 4foot bigger. Go at least 4 feet bigger. Preferably 6 to 8 feet bigger.

Go for more than 2 feet bigger and skip selling it and buying one 4foot bigger. Go at least 4 feet bigger. Preferably 6 to 8 feet bigger.

Going from a 33’ to a 48’ so 15’ should do the trick!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom