A thing of Beauty!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep... looks GREAT!!!

Question: Is that a trawler in the picture or a motor yacht? :rolleyes::D

Question: Is that a trawler in the picture or a motor yacht?
We were in a hurry to get the site converted and did not have time to find the perfect photo. We'll be hosting a panorama photo contest with details of how to take a photo that can be use in the header. Ideally we can change out the photo every so often to keep things looking fresh and give another vessel a few moments of fame!

Hi Andy
Our company website has a photo header that changes every minute. We get tons of compliments from customers that love seeing the sights of Vancouver Island. Great job, looks super and works beautifully. Change is a good thing.

Our company website has a photo header that changes every minute. We get tons of compliments from customers that love seeing the sights of Vancouver Island.
That's a very neat idea but I see few issues. The header image is fairly large in size so once a view has been to the site it will be cached in their browser. So if we changed images on every page load it could require all the images in the rotation to be downloaded. This is not much of an issue for viewers on fast internet connections.

It's harder then you think to find a photo that you can crop and create such a wide panorama with the right elements to make a great lifestyle shot. As time passes we will build up our archives of these great photos and connection speeds will keep getting faster on the fringe making rotating images a viable option.
Great job, looks super and works beautifully. Change is a good thing.
Thanks a lot for the compliments on the site. Our designer whipped this together and it's the foundation of some amazing new tools we will add in the months and years ahead. Now it's time to get settled and work the kinks out...

It's a Bayliner! I suspect Woodsong had something to do with this. Woooooodyyyyyy?

hahaha!!!

You know, I must confess something here. After I got raked through the coals (of sorts) here on TF about buying our bayliner, can I tell you how funny it is to me that the cover photo is none other than a bayliner?! :D:D:D

Best of all...I had nothing to do with that whatsoever!! :cool:

The boat in that picture is the bayliner 3888 sedan. Usually equipped with some low hp, albeit often times turbo, diesels and it gets excellent fuel economy- as good as any trawlers out there.

Anyway....WELCOME to the NEW BAYLINER TRAWLER FORUM!!!!

:D

haha- sorry- I simply could not resist. :p:D:p

Loving the new look of the forums BTW. Vbulletin is such a better platform and really has a lot of great features that I think everyone will appreciate once they get used to it. I am sure Andy will remove the offending bayliner imagine ASAP!
:eek:

The site looks great. This is not gonna hurt as much as I thought......

Back
Top Bottom