Sealove boat yard Daytona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lipets

Vessel Make
Benneteau Swift 42
Stay away owner in total wacko, overheard him cursing out a women complaining about her boat not ready for several weeks, after promising 5 days.

Often two sides to the story. Maybe here too. I have been in the situation where I contracted to do a job, then scope blossomed due to things not known at the start. And blossomed further when owner started adding tasks. Then he complained about job duration and job cost.

Unless you know both sides, really should not be too harsh.

I heard it while I waiting to talk to yard owner about work for my boat.

which I didn't follow thru went to another yard.

There is never, maybe I should say rarely a justification for cursing out anyone..That being said SKI IN NC makes a good point..

I’m more than a bit uncomfortable reporting on an issue on the internet that was simply overheard. I’d think you open yourself to the risk of libel if it did turn out to only be half the facts of the exchange.

thanks for your legal advice, that applies if the statement was false. :facepalm:

Truth trumps libel every time

Do you even care that this jerk was cursing a woman!

Sea Love has a pretty rough reputation in this area. You might want to try Lighthouse Point or Seven Seas (self-help), or Daytona Boat Works.

I think Lighthouse is out of biz, Seven Seas looks ok spoke to several who went there no issues.

It is DIY but contractors can come in to do work.

I understand people’s warnings not to jump to conclusions but based on my experience the op’s post is entirely believable. The odd thing is that years ago I left my boat their for a month or so and they did Knick knacks on the boat and were very nice to deal with. I went back with a broke transmission and things were very different. I don’t think you dealt with the owner but the GM. I sensed the difference and got out of there. One of the better boat decisions I have ever made as project grew in scope and Sea Love would have been way over their heads. My thoughts were the GM had personal problems and could not keep them at home. It appears to be a dying business.

There is never any excuse for cursing out a customer. It is absolutely NOT true that "the customer is always right," and it may well be that in this case the customer was wrong. But that is STILL not an excuse! If you can't remain calm and polite in the face of an irate customer who is in the wrong, then you need to hire someone who CAN to do your customer interactions for you.

As I said I heard the entire conversation, she was not irate at all, she was told the work would take 5-7 days and was then going on three weeks.

Just wanted the boat in the water was asking in a normal tone for a completion date he the owner said

"so you're going to break my F@#king balls about this, it will get done when it's F@#king done, now go away, I'll let you know"

He then turned to me and asked what I needed, I just said never mind and walked away.

Kinda looks like him

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom