Life line netting around bowrail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donnamichaux

I have a 34 foot Mainship and want to add a lifeline netting around the bowrail. Does anyone have any suggestions of products or installation tips? Thank you

Welcome aboard. Sailrite has some 32” netting for bow rails. I haven’t used it so I cannot say if it is good or bad.

West Marine has it in their sailing gear, I have looked at it several times thinking of my small dogs, I would probably think to attach it with wire ties.

The best way is make your own. Then it fits and matches your boat and you can tighten it as it ages. And you can set the size of the spaces to fit the appearance you want. Usually wove between the middle life line and deck. Start with plenty of line so the finished net is one continuous line. You have to add attachment points on the deck like an eye loop or strap. If you're going to screw into wood or a cored deck, drip some epoxy down the screw holes so they hold well and won't allow water to get into the core.
How we made netting in the navy and I still do...
White looks better than black, and the one shown was several years old.

Attachments

• Life line netting.jpg
    Life line netting.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 26
  • eye pad 2 inch.jpg
    eye pad 2 inch.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 23
  • eye strap.jpg
    eye strap.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 24
I wouldn’t drill into anything for that, rather some sort of tightening device like lifelines use

Back
Top Bottom